Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

He's coming for a visit I should be excited but I'm totally stressed out about it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's coming for a visit I should be excited but I'm totally stressed out about it!

My SO has only JUST booked his tickets to visit me in just under 2 weeks time.

I should be excited right? I get to see him soon!

Unfortunatley he has just made the whole thing in a massive stress for me! You see he's been putting off booking tickets until his passport arrived (I TOTALLY understand this obviously). However, in the mean time he made NO effort to even start looking at flights and potential dates. This was really frustrating for me, because he wouldnt even give me some rough dates for his visit until a few days ago (All I know is he had 4 weeks off school and was going to come at somepoint during that time). His passport arrived LAST WEEK and he didnt even sit down and look at flights until today becuase I was so frustrated I ended up sending him a text telling him I wouldnt take time off work if he didnt book them today (Today was the last day I have to give notice because they want it to be 14 days in advance).

The last few weeks have basically been so stressful for me, I've been unable to make any plans because I had no idea when he was coming. When he finally gave me dates a few days ago, I decided to book tickets to a show I wanted to see with him, my friend wanted to come too so we booked tickets and he got time off work.

So he finally calls to talk with his parents about booking the tickets (They're a 21st birthday present from his parents), and books dates we hadnt even discussed! He arrives the night of the show I had booked tickets for (which he knew about!) so I cant go to that any more (I more frustrated for my friend becuase it was such a hassle for him to get the time off). When I told my SO this he didnt even seem concerned and just acted like I shouldnt be annoyed about it.

Am I pleased he's finally going to be here with me? Of course! I just wish I hadnt been so blindsided by it!! I'm sure everything will work itself out, but I just think it shouldnt have been so difficult for him to give me dates especially when he knew I had to book time off work? He knows how anxious and worried I get about planning things!!

Sorry for the rant!
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Yeah thats pretty inconsiderate of him. Have you spoken to him about it? Im sure he knows you wanna see him and vice versa but still your life doesnt revolve around him. A bit of a heads up would be nice. If that happened to me (it kind of did when my man came ot visit me the first time round...but he gave me a months notice lol - im one for planning so yeah that frustrated me a lil) I'd kind of let it slide for now and just speak to him at some point calmly and be like "next time can you discuss dates etc with me first? it helps me with planning stuff" i said that to my man cause i wanted to suprise him with a date and tickets for a comedy gig.

Comment

Could your friend not pay you for the ticket? Maybe your friends could find someone else to go with and sell the tickets to those friends?

That being said, I can see why you'd be extremely frustrated. I would be too. I was pulling my hair out because it was hard to coordinate my SO's trip out here, even though I was the one booking the flight. It seemed that dates kept changing and the length of the stay kept changing and it drove me mad. I'm sure your SO didn't mean to be frustrating. Because the plane tickets were a gift, it's possible he gave you dates that would work for him and then his parents found a better deal when it came to air fare or they simply decided on the dates they did themselves, so it might not entirely have been his fault, although I can still understand your frustrations. It's why I've learned not to book things unless I'm 110% sure of the dates. >_<
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After