This Travelling is Killing Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsvpnj View Post
    I agree....we've been doing this for over 9 1/2 years... you get used to it ...sort of....but it always hurts... I swear I cry more now when we separate than I did years ago...
    I obviously haven't been doing this for as long as you, but for me I have gotten more upset when we say good bye than I did in the beginning.

Comment

I agree with everyone here, you do get used to the goodbyes but they don't get any easier. And it's not just with my SO, last time I left after seeing my family I just cried because I didn't want to leave and I barely get to see them
      The first time my SO went off to Thailand, I cried the hardest I ever have done in my life. It felt as though a hole had been punched through my chest At that point we thought it would be a year before we saw each other again and that just made it so difficult. Of course, he came back home after three and a half months due to his accommodation and workplace getting flooded. That was great, but in the back of my mind we knew that we'd have to say goodbye again. The second time was at the airport. We both still cried (which was kind of awkward as we were in a very public place!) but it didn't seem to hurt as much. I just look forward to the time when he'll be coming home and this will finally be over
      Hang in there everyone!

Comment

the thing that's helped me with this is talking to my SO every day. when we both switched to unlimited minutes it made a world of difference in our relationship. we talk every day and it's helped us to maintain a very deep and close relationship. it has made leaving easier.

Comment

I definitely know how you feel, I've seen my SO a total of 3 days in almost 3 years, it really does feel like saying hello just to turn around and say goodbye, but rejoice in knowing that soon the pain will end and you won't have to be alone any more, take comfort in knowing that someone out there is willing to put up with heartbreak for you.

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I have been battling this for the past 3 months of our relationship. Ever since we decided to finally meet for the first time...I have been struggling with wanting to travel out there all the time. I swear I could bankrupt myself in a hot second if I let myself book half the plane tickets I have wanted to. Originally we talked about flying out to see each other on alternating months. But the money is just not there for either of us. He has a young son to support, and I am going through a nasty divorce. Money is just tight!! I mean sure I have credit cards, but I would max them out in 2 seconds if I traveled as much as I wanted to. I don't mind the traveling...what has been wearing me down is waiting out the time in between visits. Its like torture...and when I don't have an specific date to work toward as a goal, I feel like it is hopeless!! It is not hopeless of course, that is just my loneliness talking. And it is one of the reasons I searched for and then joined LFAD!! Because I just KNEW there had to be other people going through this....that would understand and help by offering truly sincere words that would help me feel better.

I know there is no perfect answer...but tonite, for now, knowing I am not the only one that feels this way helps. It helps to feel less alone, and it helps to know that I am not crazy, and that this relationship can withstand the distance. Sometimes I am so scared the distance will pull us apart!!

But reading those encouraging words helps...thanks everyone!!

Comment

Working...
            X