Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to be less of a friend, more of a boyfriend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to be less of a friend, more of a boyfriend?

my SO just opened up to me today about how its been feeling like we're more "buddies" than girlfriend-boyfriend, but i don't know how that can be. we just talk everyday about normal things, what's been going on in our lives, and we go mushy-gushy romantic-like sometimes lol 'cuz that's what we like to do. but now that shes told me we've been acting more like friends instead of more, i don't know what to change. how am i supposed to act more like a boyfriend if that's what i thought i've been doing? this is my first real relationship too so i'm not entirely sure what to do or how i'm wrong in conversation and such.

well the difference between being a boyfriend and being a friend, is that a boyfriend is allowed to be romantic, sexual, flirtacious etc. A friend is strictly platonic. So if you're not doing any of that, you might wanna start there first

Comment

Did you ask her what she meant by her comment?
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Seems easy fixed Open up to her a bit more, and show her the side you don't show your mates. A few extra romantic gestures, a <3 here or there in your texts... It doesn't take much. Pet names are also a nice reminder for some people. Come up with a romantic nickname for her and see how that goes.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Do you tell her you love her often in those words? Assuming you guys are at that level in your relationship. I know for me, hearing those words, because there from him make my day, and are only from him. Hmm, I would just share your day, ask about her, be attentive, talk about things to do when you see each other. I would also ask too what she means exactly.
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

Ask yourself what you can give her that she can't get from her friends; it doesn't have to be anything physical, just opening up is a good start. If you have any other skills or talents, using those to show her how you feel is also a great way to show her how much you care (writing a song, painting a picture, making a flashing LED heart, whatever you're into). I hope this advice helps, I'm pretty new to the forums

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
              Seems easy fixed Open up to her a bit more, and show her the side you don't show your mates. A few extra romantic gestures, a <3 here or there in your texts... It doesn't take much. Pet names are also a nice reminder for some people. Come up with a romantic nickname for her and see how that goes.
              I agree! My boyfriend shows me his emotional side when he shows it to no one else. He opens up his brain to his personal thoughts and such. He sends me cute texts every now and then :P. He uses his pet names for me. It's cute.

Comment

I feel like people have given some good advice.

You need to clarify with her what she means and why she feels the way that she does.

I would tell you to ask her what things should would like done differently, but that may bring some instability. I say this because I will tell my SO that I feel a certain way and then let him know what I think is missing and so on. But then when he does stuff that I specifically said, I feel like he is only doing it because I said so, not because he wants to. That irritates me a but.

But just show her more affection. Show her you soft side and remind her why you care about her. Obviously you do. No one in their right mind would put up with an LDR for someone they didn't really care about. I think that is key. Maybe it is time for a random card of flowers.
                Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
                X