Relieved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relieved!

Everytime I need to go to the foreigner office to try and renew my visa, or for any reason, I get jumpy, nervous and emotional. I have been told there twice I would need to go back to Brazil, and I did go back, for 3 months each time, the amount of time required so I could set foot in Europe again!

So, now, even though I am married, I was nervous they would tell me: sorry, there is something wrong with the way you signed your name on the marriage certificate, or we are not in a good mood today so we will come up with a reason and deny you to stay here.

But dear husband and I spoke to a really kind woman there. we presented all my papers, and paid 110 euros (not cheap, but i know some people here need to pay even more to get permissions in some countries), and I got a permission for 1 year!!!

afterwards I will be able to renew it for one year more, after that for one year more, and at the end of the third year being married, I will be able to apply for a german citizenship! I am so happy with that! really am!

DH took me to celebrate in an amazing sushi restaurant afterwards!

I now am thinking about the next important thing to do: start packing! I rent a small flat, even though i live in the flat dear husband rents, its more like a storage of sorts, haha

so, as we will rent a bigger flat starting in april, I need to start packing now, as I don't live in that flat. this one we can't pack everything as we still need the things to use everyday. but i can't even explain how relieved I am that I have a one year visa in my hands at the moment! and that it will be no problem whatsoever to renew it when time comes!
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

I remember having to go to the KVR a few times while I was in Germany, my german is inly basic and they'd refuse to speak english to me. I always freaked out before having to go, the one time I had to explain that the volcano ash cancelled my flight and I had to get my visa extended. Who learns the word for volcano!? Its Vulkan incase you need to know it! Haha

Glad everything went well, definitely a relief! It will be nice to be in a bigger place where you don't have to struggle to find a place for everything. I think we need a bigger place too!

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      I remember having to go to the KVR a few times while I was in Germany, my german is inly basic and they'd refuse to speak english to me. I always freaked out before having to go, the one time I had to explain that the volcano ash cancelled my flight and I had to get my visa extended. Who learns the word for volcano!? Its Vulkan incase you need to know it! Haha

Glad everything went well, definitely a relief! It will be nice to be in a bigger place where you don't have to struggle to find a place for everything. I think we need a bigger place too!
      Annnd, even better, my mother will come here around the time we move! that woman is amazing, I tell you! she has a gift for putting things into place and making them impossibly organized! she will arrive 10 days after we are in the new flat, so everything else that needs to be rganized she will help me with it!

she is bringing some metal things to hang my clothes, like the ones they have in clothe shops, so they won't be in the wardrobe. there isn't space in our big wardrobe for all my clothes, even if my SO didn't have one cm in there for him! so as I will get a room just for my clothes, shoes, and stuff (books, jewelry, stuffed animals), it will be easy to find my clothes when they are all hanging instead of in huge piles of folded clothes, that i need to lift until i find the one I'm looking for! so yeah, really looking forward to that! and to traveling with my family (mother, brother and husband)

Thank you for the word for volcano! lol i really didn't know it

everytime i went there my SO was with me. this time i spoke only in german with them, and it went smoothly, she even said i don't need to make the german test required, because my level is clearly higher than the one they ask for to get the permission. I still need to go to an integration course. it usually takes 600 hours, but she said she thinks i will only need 100 hours, or 200 tops (but maybe i won't even need as many as 100!), and that I don't NEED to take it, but it is recommended if I can afford it. As I can clearly communicate in german and won't starve or get lost or anything like that due to lack of knowledge! so really, was the best visit ever in there for me!

but when you are there you look around and you see all foreigners, all nervous, waiting to find out their fate!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Congrats! It's super exciting that our got your permission
        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Congrats! Must be so nice to know that you are there with permission and nothing can go wrong!
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Congrats!!! Government stuff is always nerve racking

Comment

yay! You can relax for a while!
              Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Congrats!!! It must feel so good to know that you get to stay.
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Yah that would be a good reason for me to be super nervous too!! Congrats though! Best of luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X