Movies about LDR ..... and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manoek View Post
    Channing tatum? Ok.. NEED TO SEE THAT ONE!

Now watching :going the distance! Sneezing panda and the phone sex.. Omg.. Awesome!! Still laughing!
    Yes! And Rachel McAdams who is excellent!

----- and you get to see Channing Tatum's butt ----

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

My SO and I watched Going the Distance, neither of us liked it. We just didn't really get it.. But other people like it, so I guess we're just weirdos!! We're much happier watching Batman and Spider Man movies anyway~ As for Like Crazy, I might give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
        Yes! And Rachel McAdams who is excellent!

----- and you get to see Channing Tatum's butt ----
        I love Rachel McAdams! How is it possible that I haven't seen this movie yet.. Going to download it tomorrow!! Have to go to work at 7 and a half hours so definitely tomorrow!!!
        \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
        \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
        \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

i think Like Crazy is the most relatable movie to come out in a while about LDR's. Me and my husband are in the same situation, completely in love and married but forced apart by immigration. as i am still away from my partner im not going to watch it until i am back with him as i will just get too depressed i think - the trailer has me in complete tears because it is our exact situation, being told by an immigration officer that you are no longer wanted in the country your love lives in is incredibly painful. it also got really good reviews. going the distance im not so sure about.... and the vow got bad reviews as well. i like the notebook better in terms of being seperated and finding your way back....

Comment

Like Crazy was good, and it shows you that you don't know what's going to happen in your relationship and you can't promise anything, but just live each moment together while you can. It made me sad to find out that the director wrote it about him and his (now ex-) wife.
            <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

I've seen Like Crazy and I liked it. It's a bit boring in some parts, but I didn't regret watching it. Then my friends who had a fling with some guys in another country watched it too, and they like it as well. But watching it once is enough.

Also, I've seen a series in french about a girl and a guy who met online. But I wasn't able to take note of the title

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Dear John was also good, people who loves watching stories with a happy ending would enjoy it.

Comment

Not about LDRs but I recommend Love Songs: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0996605/

It is sad though. But lovely.
                <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Originally posted by erina View Post
                  i think Like Crazy is the most relatable movie to come out in a while about LDR's. Me and my husband are in the same situation, completely in love and married but forced apart by immigration. as i am still away from my partner im not going to watch it until i am back with him as i will just get too depressed i think - the trailer has me in complete tears because it is our exact situation, being told by an immigration officer that you are no longer wanted in the country your love lives in is incredibly painful. it also got really good reviews. going the distance im not so sure about.... and the vow got bad reviews as well. i like the notebook better in terms of being seperated and finding your way back....
                  The Vow got bad reviews? I loved it! It's not as good as the Notebook but it's really good!

Comment

Originally posted by floridaellen View Post
                    The Vow got bad reviews? I loved it! It's not as good as the Notebook but it's really good!
                    Yeah, The Vow was declared pretty universally crap. Rottentomatoes.com is pretty much my movie review bible, it's only failed me on two very specific occasions. I usually don't bother to see a movie in theaters if it hasn't gotten at least at 75% on there, but I'm also a quite unrepentant film snob.

Comment

I'm going to watch 'Going the distance' with my SO now, very curious

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
                        Yeah, The Vow was declared pretty universally crap. Rottentomatoes.com is pretty much my movie review bible, it's only failed me on two very specific occasions. I usually don't bother to see a movie in theaters if it hasn't gotten at least at 75% on there, but I'm also a quite unrepentant film snob.
                        Well they probably aren't taking it for what it really is: a chick flick. A good outing with friends. I'm not saying it's the next "The Notebook" or "Life is Beautiful" but it's a good movie for what I used it for: a bachelorette party.

Comment

Not the main topic but indeed an LDR involved...Cinema Paradiso! Although it does not precisely end right for Salvatore and Elena. They lose contact eventually and they do not find each other.

Both my SO and I love that movie... now there's something funny about some scene, I found out last time I watched it. I had not watched it in years but I was sad because my SO had wanted a night watching movies on my own. In the scene, the guy was watching some film being projected outside, on a wall. He begins to feel terribly nostalgic and misses Elena quite a lot. I was thinking a lot about my SO during this scene...then suddenly I paid attention to the film within the movie (the one Salvarore watches) and it's something about the Odyssey and they shout "Ulysses!!!" Hahahaha, my SO's name!! Then out of the blue, Elena surprises him with a kiss, she was in a surprise visit. I got pretty emotional...

I've also heard of some japanese movie I'd like to watch later, called 5 centimeters per second. I've heard it's really good although sad... and a little slow.

Comment

Like Crazy - i watched this with my SO online while we were apart. We found it quite emotional because he is from England and a lot of the scenes are exactly what we go through, like when they were on the tube to the airport and then she was on the tube by herself.. My SO knows that all too well. We had to pause the movie for a few minutes after that because he burst into tears and we were both crying.. it really hit home. Overall we didn't like the story-line though, they really annoyed us with how badly they maintained their relationship.

like others have said; Going The Distance and The Notebook are other movies i've watched with my SO and related to, he actually bought them both for me for Christmas

I'm thinking I'll add "the vow" to my list of movies to watch now after so many people mentioning it.
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012