Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you or your SO developed feelings for someone closer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
    There are def. men who have made me go " Whoa if I were single, the things I would do to him" but it has never crossed my mind to cheat. I enjoy bantering with men but never have I been tempted to take it any further than innocent flirting. To avoid temptation, I would take myself out of the situation.
    This.

Comment

I am honestly so grounded in my relationship with my SO that I find little need to even look at other guys. My SO is the same way (or so he says but then I catch him taking a glimpse every once in a while!) and says that there really is no need for him to even look or imagine when we have each other. Which is nice, because I am a bit of a jealous/competitive person, and when I see him looking at some cute girl I always think to myself," Now what do I have to improve about myself?" I'm weird like that, but its a good motivator. I even make a point to consciously not make a glimpse when we're together, because he knows I'm not very comfortable with him oogling and I would like to give him the same consideration he does for me.

Sometimes I'll oogle at celebrities (Channing Tatum and Ryan Gosling, whooo!) but that's a lot more different than tangible, everyday people.

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Just went on a tangent and realized I forgot to answer the question!

No, I haven't developed feelings for someone closer. I've made an effort to stay away from the stimuli that would put me in that situation. For example, drinking and partying. When I drink, I just get really flirtatious and LOVE to kiss people (actually how I met my SO lol). It's something I really can't control because it happens even if I'm a little tipsy, so I'll keep it to the absolute minimum to avoid getting in a situation like that. And partying -- well, you're in an environment where people are drinking, usually dressed to impress, on the prowl...and I'd really rather not.
      sigpic

Comment

Have you or your SO developed feelings for someone closer?
        No.. we both TRIED to develop feelings for someone closer for years because we both thought an LDR was not possible. We both suffered through a couple empty relationships, always returning to the friendship, support, connection of each other. It just wouldn't work.

I have no attraction to men other than my SO. I have shut down several men who have tried to turn a polite friendly conversation into a flirtation or opportunity to ask me out. My mind knows they are considered good looking, but I feel nothing. Its weird... its been that way since he told me he loved me and we got to know each other intimately.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
        And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapookie View Post
          I don't really notice any other guys so I've never really given my time to someone to the point where I'd develop feelings for them. I love my SO and he's everything I need.
          I'm like that too. I can acknowledge if someone is good looking and charming, but I don't feel attracted to them. Not even celebs, they do nothing for me. It's just how I am, even when I was single I never liked that kind of attention from someone I wasn't interested in.
          In the past relationship I have developed feelings for someone other than my then-boyfriend, but that was because I wasn't in love with my bf anymore. If it happened in this relationship, it would be a sign for me that something has changed about my feelings for him.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
          X