Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different ways have you traveled in order to see your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many different ways have you traveled in order to see your SO?

Me and my SO are 400 miles apart; it's only a couple hours flight, but the drive is 6 hours plus!

I don't drive so it's harder for me to get to him than it is for him to get here. I've gone on trips with my family in order to see him, I've gone with friends as well. I've taken the Greyhound multiple times, having to sit in other cities for hours waiting for the next bus, and he has too. He's flown here, and then had his parent's pick him up and take him back. We have even driven halfway and were together for the day before going back home. All in all, it's pretty crazy the lengths we will go to in order to see one another!

How about you?

One, the Eurostar; so has my SO. He's travelled by coach and ferry too. Tickets were cheaper but the journeys weren't very comfortable

Comment

Well I could swim, but it might get cold. Plane is the only way for me!
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Driving (16 hours!) and flying are the only ways we've done so far. Taking buses or the train are other options but those are far more stressful/take a lot longer so although it's a bit more expensive, we prefer flying/driving.

Comment

Plane. Even if I felt like driving 3ish weeks to see him, I'd probably be murdered on the way down. Not worth it

Comment

We've travelled by plane, train(normal and night w couchette), coach, car and combinations of them. Our cities are quite well connected so we can choose and usually go by whatever is the cheapest atm.
            I like the train best. It makes about 11hs but it's quite comfortable and I like being on trains.
            I haven't gone by car yet, but in April we're driving here together with his mum, so we'll both have used 4 modes of transport.
            He also always jokes about visiting me on his bicycle.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

I've traveled in my dreams.. A LOT!
              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

We usually drive it takes about 7 hours....I've taken the greyhound which makes trips so much longer. I am have only flown once but it's to expensive, much cheaper for me to drive.

Comment

We normally fly. The flight is only about 2.5-3 hours long and the airports are pretty close to each other's houses. Plus the tickets through Allegiant can be quite cheap! Not this time of year though :/

The train is a possibility but the tickets are about the same as the flight so it's not really worth it since the train takes about 25 hours.

My family and I have driven the distance many times but it's not worth it for visits to see my SO. It takes about 22 hours.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                  Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                  Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                  Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                  Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

He usually drives. I drove there once and I also flew there once. This next time I will be riding with him back down after he drives up to visit me! 3 weeks with him! Yay!

Comment

Driving and Greyhound. I would actually like to be able to fly but there aren't any close airports and it would probably be too expensive/not worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X