Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you dream with your SO?

(about* excuse my grammar)

A thread to talk about anything "unreal"!

I am one to remember my dreams pretty and really frequently. There are times when I dream a lot of my SO and I love it because I feel his precense at least in this way. I think it's become a way my subconsious deals with the distance, it happens more when I miss him the most.

I've had every sort of dreams with him, from those which are all realistic and could easily happen in real life, to those that are completely surreal, but still my head seems to portray my SO's personality pretty well, like anything he says there are things he would actually say in real life.

So I'm wondering...do you often dream about your SO? Do you like it or does it make you more frustrated to wake up and realize it was all an illusion?

When I am away for vacation and when we were LD for that 2 years, I dreamed about him a lot. Now that we are CD and have been for a bout a year, I don't dream about him almost at all. When I do, he's usually being a douchebag lol. I still dream about him when I'm away on vacation but other than that I really don't dream about him much. I wish I did sometimes but it's nice to have my own dreams
    sigpic
    Began our story ~ July 1, 2007
    Our first LDR ~ August 2009
    Closed the distance ~ January 2011
    He joined the Air Force ~ January 1, 2013
    Our second LDR ~ January 2, 2013
    He proposed ~ July 4, 2013
    Our wedding day ~ December 30, 2014
    Closing the distance ~ Summer 2015

Proud of my Airman!!

Comment

I don't dream of him very often. My dreams are typically very very strange. However, when I do dream of him it is AMAZING. It feels like we are really together and once I had a lucid dream with him and used that time "with him" to get in some much needed making out.
      It does make me feel kind of sad and lonely when I wake up sometimes, but I cuddle his shirt and try to lose myself in his smell and appreciate the time I got to spend "with him".
      He dreams of me more, he says. Being a guy, I'm sure you can guess about most of his dreams ;P But he says he wakes up sad and lonely too, especially when his cat is cuddled up next to him and he thinks it's me when he is waking up.

Comment

In Spanish, it is "dream with" Anyways...

I still have dreams all the time with my SO making appearances. It's great because I feel like I spent the whole night with him. Well, I guess I do...

Comment

I don't have a lot of dreams that I can remember, but the ones that I can remember with my SO are usually dreams of us doing daily activities like cooking, going to the park, etc. Its like living life in the future I guess.
          "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
            In Spanish, it is "dream with" Anyways...

I still have dreams all the time with my SO making appearances. It's great because I feel like I spent the whole night with him. Well, I guess I do...
            Yeah! My first language is Spanish, hence my mistake :P

I love dreaming with my SO! it's like another way of being with him, and when I tell him about my dreams, it ends up in very interesting conversations.

Comment

I dream with Lindsay all the time, and I absolutely love it! Lately, it's been me and her at our wedding...maybe my dreams trying to tell me something, eh?
              National Novel Writing Month Participant- 2010, 2011, 2012
              National Novel Writing Month Winner- 2010, 2011, 2012

Current Writing Project: Wait Until Next Year

Comment

Since my SO left, there have been two different instances where he was in my dream every night for a week. Most of the time my SO in my dreams is far from what he is really like. In fact the dreams I have about him often make me sad because he does something that I know he would never do in real life.

Comment

This is off-topic, but I can't remember if you responded to my topic where I'm looking for people who are willing to share their dreams with me, as I'm in a dreams course at university and am doing a research project on thematic elements in dreams of those in LDRs.

That being said, I do sometimes. Most of the time, they're not wonderful. A lot of the time they express my fears and insecurities around abandonment. :/ So not pleasant to dream about... But I suffer nightmares on a regular basis, so that might come into play.
                  { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                  Met online: February 2009
                  Feelings confessed: December 2010
                  Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                  Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                  First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                  Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                  Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                  Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                  to be continued...

Comment

Ive had so many dreams about him. Usually there with us long distance, him online and talking to me, or messaged me or i cant reach him and his profiles gone. I hate those dreams. Then i've had some so real with him here and with me, and those are so nice, I just hate waking up to him not there. I've had one of us getting married that one was so nice. I've had others of him coming then leaving. Just so many both good and bad.
                    I dream on a regular basis, usually every night. Vivid random dreams, and not really nightmares just random out there dreams. So he comes up frequently
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

He does pop up in my dreams from time to time, more frequently in the run-up to seeing him. He behaves pretty much like his real self but my actual dreams are often strange, very strange. I don't know. I have a rather troubled subconscious...

Comment

He's in my dreams a lot, but unfortunately it's usually his evil alter ego. He's always cheating on me, or leaving me. Apprently dream me was a bitch to him a couple nights ago, by dumping him for another guy.
                        "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Working...
                        X