Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killtrend View Post
    Reality check time:

No one is too busy to not text for more than a day at a time. This is 2012. Text while on the toilet. Before bed. During a meal. At a light. Especially if he has his phone on him. I get frustrated when people say they are "too busy." Maybe too busy to reply all day, but not a few times here and there. Cell Phones make excuses for no contact impossible. In the line at a fast food joint? On break at work? Commercial break in your favorite show?

So, either his phone is broke and he isn't smart enough/able to contact you another way or there is a problem with the LDR. I hope it's not him just being an asshole an not manning up if he has a problem.

Give him an additional day and after that, if your relationship is public, ask where he is on his Facebook wall. "You need to talk." Draw a line in the sand now or you'll be pushed around later.

(note, I'm a realist. Usually I have abrasive opinions. Sorry in advance.)
    This is the post that would be a great reality check if it were posted after "He finally got back to me and told me he was just busy, WTF?!". Right now goalie_girl has no idea what's going on, and therefore no idea what precipitated 3 days of no contact. I'm all for the "I keeps it real" schtick, I employ it a lot, but at least try to gauge the appropriateness of your response.

I hope your SO gets in touch with you soon, goalie_girl. I'm sending good thoughts your way too.

Comment

I don't really have any advice and I can only imagine what your going through. I'm sorry that he hasn't been in contact with you and am sending positive vibes your way. I really hope you here from him soon goalie_girl!

Comment

I'm also sending positive vibes to you! I hope that you hear from him soon and I'm sorry you have to go through this. *hugs*

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I hope he contacts you soon that is very scary, especially since it isn't normal. I mean heck sometimes I panic when I don't hear from my SO for a few hours after he is suppose to be back from work. I just play too many situations through my head.

But, try to stay calm. Don't come up with crazy scenarios like I do because its never the case. I would keep trying to call, text, e-mail and just express how worried you are. If he doesn't come in contact with you in a while it wouldn't hurt to contact his family even though they aren't close they would probably know if something serious went wrong. Otherwise maybe call the other athletes he is on the road with or if you know where they are staying maybe they can let you know if they made it there? But, just try to stay calm =) I know it's easier said than done but we are all sending good vibes your way!!

Comment

Oh my god, he finally called me. It turns out coach decided enough was enough after losing 7 of their last 10 games. Since they got home from the road trip on Monday morning coach has ben skating them non-stop. One of his teammates just called his wife an hour ago and she hadn't heard from him in days either. He called me on the way to get dinner and then go back to the rink to play tonight. He hasn't been home since thursday. He also said he lost his phone. I'm not sure why at times it went straight to voicemail and sometimes not. It went to voicemail last night but other than that its been on and accepting texts and calls. It may have something to do with the fact that he has been using a spare sim card he keeps in his wallet in some of his teammates phones. I have a feeling his phone is probably lost somewhere in his luggage that he hasn't had a chance to unpack yet. He sent me an email about an hour ago as well but I was too busy freaking out and trying to call him to check it, basically it says they haven't slept since Saturday and that his phone is missing.

Anyway I was too relieved to hear his voice to yell at him but when I talk to him again I'm definitely going to give him hell for making me freak out like a crazy person. The life of an athlete is crazy and sometimes the loved ones suffer but this was insane. If they don't lose tonight he'll be home and I'll get to talk to him, so I hope they win. It has been a hectic time for him as well. Right before the road trip he was run off the road by another driver and now he has a 1,000 dollar deductible to pay and he's been driving around in a rental truck while his car has been in the shop. I was just so glad to hear from him...I've never been so worried about anyone in my life.

Finding myself.

Comment

I'm glad to hear everything is all right and now you can finally relax! Sounds like a crazy life he lives ohh and good luck with his game!!!

Comment

Glad he's okay! Give him a talking-to though! He is grown, and has rights. He could have excused himself to try and call you, if even from someone else's phone. It's weird that all these men would allow their coach to treat them that way, and not let them go home. However, you know him better than all of us, so if it sounds legit to you, then that's all that matters. Really glad nothing bad happened!

Comment

I'm so glad he called you! Definitely talk to him about it when you think the time is right.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Killtrend View Post
                    Pretty sure she said that she got a voicemail sometimes and it went straight through others. So that leads me to believe he is getting the messages. Or someone is, and they don't have the mental aptitude to reply to a distress message with "he's in the hospital."

"When you hear hooves, don't think zebras."
                    There is a fine line between reality and cynicism. If his phone has been stolen they would be letting SOME calls go to voicemail but not others and text would go through! HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

Glad to see it all worked out and he's fine. Hugs.
                    Last edited by Dauntedpoet; February 28, 2012, 07:19 PM. Reason: finished reading the posts.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

His coach does things like this all the time but never to this extent. After a bad loss I usually dont expect a call from him or know he might not be home till pretty late because coach Ramsay (known as "Rammer" so you know he's a hardass) usually skates them hard for a late night practice. But I am going to let him know that he's never to let 3 days go by without contacting me again. It was a combination of travel, being skated by coach, and losing his phone but I wish he would have contacted me sooner.

Finding myself.

Comment

Originally posted by NYlovesFL View Post
                        maybe his cell died and he doesn't have a charger with him...
                        Dont jump to the worst possible conclusion yet. You do have a lot going on for you and I know this isn't helping you and your situation, but until you hear from him there is nothing that you can do.

Im sorry. Im sure everything will be fine.
                        Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Ah, I'm so glad he's okay I do hope you never have to go through anything like that again though!

Comment

I know I'm late, but I'm so glad you heard from him! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Just talk to him and let him know how it made you feel.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

I'm so happy for you hon!!!! Definitely talk to him, but I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. I've learned it's always best to assume the best (and this is coming from a CRAZY overanalyzer), so forgive, forget, move on--and make sure he knows it's not cool if it happens again!!!
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Glad to hear he is well!
                                Waiting must have been awful, and as I was reading everything I couldn't wait to find the "hey he's ok" post!

Once again, glad all is well!

Comment

Working...
                                X