Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done for love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have done a lot of crazy things for here like paying £35 for flowers and staying up all night to talk to her but i guess the craziest was actually flying to meet her. I had never traveled alone before and the furthest i'd been away from home was Turkey so as you can imagine the 8 hour flight was a huge deal. It was a good thing though because i got to spend an amazing week with her and also discovered flying is definitely one of my favourite things to do :3
    my girls <3

Josie (SO)
    Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
    Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
    Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
    Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
    Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
    Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
    Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
    All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

After only talking to my SO for a month, I flew to Pennsylvania to visit him for 3 days! It turned out to be the best thing I ever did, as we are about to close the distance next month! And to think that my ex thought I wasn't impulsive enough.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
        I have done a lot of crazy things for her like paying £35 for flowers
        Oh, that is so cute (about the cost)... In Norway, that is like the regular cost of flowers.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That poster isn't from Norway, though. Crazy, right?
          I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

I dated my ex boyfriend's brother.

Oh wait. Scratch that. I married my ex boyfriend's brother.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I married my husband after a little over a year of dating long distance, before we knew when we'd be able to live together. I just got to him a week ago and couldn't be happier that we took that chance!

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                That poster isn't from Norway, though. Crazy, right?
                Pointing out the obvious doesn't always make for great irony.
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                  Then I will say it directly: Your post was rude. I am sure you didn't mean to be rude, but you were.
                  Last edited by snow; July 24, 2014, 07:07 PM.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Drove 2 hours to meet a man I had been talking to online for less than a week. Most of my journey was past the US/Canada border, so my phone didn't work at all and I had to hope I didn't get lost or get into a bad situation. I didn't tell anyone where I was going. Once I got there, we slept together immediately. I had been a pretty reserved person up to that point, so all of this was totally out of character for me, and I would never, ever recommend anyone do what I did. I just went with my gut feeling. We got engaged 6 months later I'm not sure what we will tell our future children about how we met.

Comment

Originally posted by differentcountries View Post
                      Except I wasn't trying to be ironic, just pointing out the condescension of your own post
                      I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Taking a long-distance bus and travelling to the Northern Part of Ghana for 15 hours by myself to meet up with the guy, that I'd only spent a few evenings with 8 months earlier. I didn't have a phone on me, so when I arrived at the station late at night, I asked to use a lady's phone so I could call him.

Comment

Bringing my computer and monitor to America in a suitcase would probably be the most crazy thing I ever did :P

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                          First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                          Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                          Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                          Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                          Married: 1/24/2015
                          Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                            Except I wasn't trying to be ironic, just pointing out the condescension of your own post
                            The only point of my post was that Norwegian flowers are super expensive in itself, I thought that was funny. Perhaps it was a stupid comment, well... I think you put things into my posts that are not really there.

Comment

I married the best man from my last wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamer View Post
                                Haha, aw. People always laugh at how quickly people get together with someone, and I always said, too, that it's impossible to tell so soon, but it will work with the right person. I have a feeling that would have been me and my ex-LDR if we were able to meet. We wouldn't have gotten enough of each other.
                                Yes, totally. I broke so many of my own dating rules with my SO at the beginning of our relationship, but it just felt right for some reason. Normally I liked to wait awhile before sleeping with someone, but you really have to tailor your approach to each person/situation. It was kind of liberating to debunk the whole 'milk for free' thing- it's outdated for sure, but whenever I hear someone express a similar sentiment (and people definitely do still say stuff like that to women), it's nice to be living proof that such an encounter could lead to a loving, stable relationship.

Comment

Working...
                                X