Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the craziest thing you've ever done for love?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the craziest thing you've ever done for love?

A year ago today I took one of the biggest chances of my life... but it paid off, thank God.

On the morning of March 1st 2011, having left a note stuck to the fridge I ran away from home to meet my SO in secret; we travelled together to a town a couple of hours outside of London and spent a night at a hostel. We'd met up non-residentially on two previous occasions but our hours together had always been so limited, and both of us were desperate to spend more time with each other. Knowing for a fact that my parents would've been unwilling to grant us that we took matters into our own hands.

I'd always been a very sensible and cautious sort of girl, but hopelessness can make even the most prudent of people take rash actions. Looking at the situation objectively, what I did carried significant risk. I trusted my SO completely; your intuition isn't always right though! As it turned out that leap of faith changed my life for the better in many more ways than one, but I guess I had luck - or destiny? - on my side

What about you? Any stories to share?

Moved to Germany in 2010, without speaking german! to be with him! my german got a looooot better! we got married! everything worked out in the name of love! XD
    our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

First time i met him was at the airport picking him up. I was on my own and i brought him back to my house. Alone i might add. And we stayed together for just over 6 weeks. I honestly would've never done that before. Huge leap of faith and for him too! For all we knew we both coulda mean weird psycho axe murderers (thats what my mum said when i called her up and told her lol). Would've been awful if we didnt feel that same connection we had online.

Yet i would never recommend what i did to anyone. If someone i know is going to meet someone they met online, i insist on going with them. Yes imma hypocrite >.<

Comment

I'm replacing a really important exam to see him this summer.. but therefore I will have a lot more stress later in my studies and I risk to study one more semester.. but everything is worth seeing him again

Comment

I consider flying half way across the country to spend Christmas with someone I'd never met crazy but, it was the best decision of my life.

Finding myself.

Comment

I took a different flight schedule from the group I am with to take an earlier flight, for the reason of ending the distance temporarily earlier by 9 hours.

Comment

I would say for me it was deciding to make my exchange-semester (year) in México at his university, after we've been together for a few weeks only.. and with only limited (but fortunately some) Spanish knowledge!!
              But everything worked out for good and it was the best year of my life!!

Comment

Mine is not on as large of a scale as everyone elses haha. My SO and I met through mutual friends on Facebook. Picking him up in my car on the first date was risky but worth it!

I'm also giving up in the future the graduate program at my current college to attend a slightly more expensive college where he lives. Worth it though.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Craziest for me is travelling over 13 hours on a plane by myself to go see and be with him. Never done anything like this before! And honestly if it wasn't to see him I would not go. As nice as travelling, and seeing the world is, this is scary! To me, so yeah only for him.
                  I love you Nathan <3
                  sigpic
                  5/25/09 <3

Comment

I was the first to hop on a plane to go visit my SO. People seem to have this idea that the man should fly to the woman for the first time, and I ended up flying 13 hours to go see him first. And I stayed at his house where some people recommended a hotel or hostel until after he and I had met and hung out a few times. :P But nothing more "risky" than that.
                    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                    Met online: February 2009
                    Feelings confessed: December 2010
                    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                    to be continued...

Comment

Quit my job and moved to a country where I didn't have one.

To be fair, he did the same for me.

Wuv.

Comment

I meet my SO in secret every year and we spend the weekend together, not that it's that totally adventurous my parents aren't ever really around much so it's not that tricky to hide. I also started a relationship with my SO when I was 15 and he was 20 our whole relationship has been a secret and it's been a risky few years :P

Notes:
                        Met: 8.17.09
                        Started Dating: 8.20.09
                        First Met: 10.2.10
                        Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

I gave him my virginity two and a half months in. Something I NEVER thought I´d EVER do. (Psht I´m totally going to wait at least a year... fail.)

It could have ended really badly for me. But actually, one of the things that amazes him most about me to this day is how easily and completely I fell in love with him. He´s never had a girl love him with everything she had before, and it amazes him. I had no reason to trust him. I just did.

And look where it got us I´m one lucky kid.

Even for the short period where we broke up, I never regretted who I lost it to. Just that I did it so soon :/ :P

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                          \

Comment

Hmmm since I'm not allowed to travel, it's all in a smaller scale compared to your stories! but when he visited me, I had a great deal of homework and I really wanted to go out with him the next day (I had a free day). It appeared like I was going to take all the day with homework, plus the next day too. I felt really frustrated. Mom told me "well, sorry. You know you have priorities", meaning of course I had to get work done... but instead I replied "you're right mom, I'll stay awake doing homework till my body can't stand". She rolled her eyes thinking I was kidding (I'm one to need lots of sleep). But I stayed up until I was starting to need sleep for real, then woke up again before the sun did. My sister, who did have school, found me downstairs making more homework and she told me I was crazy for doing this when I had a whole day to work. It was exhausting and by the end of the day, when my SO left me at home, I collapsed on my bed, because I had slept around 3 hours in two days...but it was so worth it.

Comment

After a really emotionally rough period, I bought plane tickets costing ~$2400 AUD to see my girl. It ended up being the best ~$2400 I've ever spent.

Comment

Working...
                              X