When People Don't Realize That You're in an LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Engel View Post
    your father doesn't mind you wearing his wedding band? or he is divorced now and the ring is just sitting around? anyway, nice strategy!
    oh sweetie I should have said.. my father died when I was 24 but he had given me his wedding ring to wear when I was pregnant with my son because my wedding ring wouldn't fit from the weight gain...I was still wearing it when he got sick and died of cancer.. my mother told me to keep it.. so I have. That was 24 years ago. I wear it on a chain most of the time.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
      oh sweetie I should have said.. my father died when I was 24 but he had given me his wedding ring to wear when I was pregnant with my son because my wedding ring wouldn't fit from the weight gain...I was still wearing it when he got sick and died of cancer.. my mother told me to keep it.. so I have. That was 24 years ago. I wear it on a chain most of the time.
      that is a beautiful gesture nonetheless. Im thinking about asking my mother for mz grandfathers wedding ring for me to wear on a necklace as well. im sorrz for your loss. no matter how long it has been. *hugs*
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

My problem is usually less that people don't realize I'm in an LDR, and more that people don't realize I'm gay. When I say I have a girlfriend, people usually take that to mean a girl who's a friend. I just drop subtle hints that she's more than a friend, haha. I have had the LDR problem too though. Fortunately, I don't go out much, so I don't encounter either issue on a regular basis or anything.

Comment

Not my current relationship, but I made friends with a boy in a bunch of my Japanese classes once, and we used to go get some food after class sometimes, and we'd study together, and i really just assumed that (1) we were just friends and (2) he was gay. because he was really feminine and just... it seemed that way. and then one day i mentioned i had a boyfriend and he stopped talking to me and stopped showing up to class. i wish he would've come out from the beginning and told me if he thought it was something else.

but now yeah i get all the time people thinking i must not be happy because my boy is gone a lot and this one guy TOLD me he was waiting for me to break up with my boyfriend. i don't even like this other guy. he's not attractive at all.
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Well, we just had a play a few weeks ago and fellow backstage members(mostly girls) are teasing me about another guy who's in the play. Uhhhh...no. Just no. I'm not usually interested in guys(or even girls), but when I DO become interested in someone, I'm pretty monogamous. Other than that, I barely form crushes on people.(3 my entire life, my SO included)
            I barely even know this person! And I was really offended since I haven't told them I was in an LDR then.

In general, I just don't see the point of teasing two people who have nothing to do with each other. Idk...maybe I'm just weird?

Originally posted by Aurora View Post
            I'm a loner at school but it's not because I do not like people or because having my SO far away makes me sad and socailly awkward, it's just the way I am, I need space and peace to rest from studies and stress. I guess this loneliness makes people think I do not have a boyfriend :P
            Same here. I can barely relate to anyone in my course, let alone my batch.
            The closest friend I ever have in campus? We don't have similar classes this semester and we barely get to hang out anymore.
            Also, my boyfriend lives in another continent and in a timezone completely opposite mine,

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

Comment

Don't feel bad for hurting his feelings, it isn't your fault, and he wasn't to know either.

I have to say, I do feel quite uncomfortable with any male attention apart from from my boyfriend, and always have been, even before we were long-distance.

Everyone who is close to me knows i'm in an LDR, but there have been a couple of occasions when I was in your position. Sometimes I wish it was tattoed to my forehead!

Comment

I actually think it's kinda fun to get hit on I can't be offended that someone is interested, it's nice. I just say "Thanks, but I'm taken" and that's usually enough. If the guy turns into a jerk, I say things that are much less nice, and remove myself from the situation. I don't explain about being LDR or anything, don't need to really, especially if it's just some random guy, he doesn't need any more info than that.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X