Falling Apart. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling Apart. :(

My boyfriend and I closed the distance this October, in our own little apartment with our four cats, here in Delaware. Unfortunately, right after we had made the deposit and all (a few months before October) he had been offered a 2nd semester teaching at University of Central Florida. He taught the class last year as part of his Master's degree, and this year they offered to let him teach it again, but for pay.

So this class is 1x per week, on Wednesday nights, and that's it. So he kept his room he was renting in this house down there, and he's also paying rent up here in Delaware. So he mostly still lives in Florida, and every 2-3 weeks he comes back up to Delaware and lives with me for 5-6 days.

It's really really hard. I don't have very many friends. I do have one friend that lives down the street from us, and I go hang out at her apartment a lot, and we go to the gym together. My best friend lives all the way in Amarillo, Texas, so I don't get to see her. I work four ten-hour days per week. Tuesdays through Thursdays I sit at home, by myself. I basically don't leave the house on those days except to go pick up ingredients for meals at the grocery store across the street. Sometimes I get manic and bake the entire kitchen into a cookie. Marc is my best friend and I love spending time with him but it's just so hard for me. It seems like he has a ton of friends. He hangs out with them a lot.

And for the next two weeks he's back in Brazil with his family, and I can barely talk to him. I was a mess for the past few days, just crying at everything. I'll sit in my car and just cry, cry at my desk, cry myself to sleep. I'll say things I don't mean to him and avoid him because it's easier to just not talk to him, but I don't want to do that. I want him to be here with me because I love him. I get jealous of his friends because they get to spend so much time with him and they get to see him. He's everything to me.

Sorry for spilling my guts here, I just really need someone to talk to. I don't understand why I am the way I am.
    <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

You're not alone, I'm in such a similar position.

I moved to london three years ago and met my SO here and after just over a year together, he had to move overseas for work. It was supposed to be for 3 months, then it was 4 and now it looks like its turning into 6.

My family and best friends are back in my hometown, and I don't have too many friends here.

I think I found it really hard, because I got used to him being away for 3 months, but then the time keeps getting longer and its hard to stay focused. I really feel for you, when you thought you were finally closing the distance for good and its really hard

I don't so much get jealous of his friends, but I find it really hard when I know he's out with his friends and I'm stuck in, away from the people I love and on my own.

I'm sorry I can't give you the answers, I wish I had them! But I can definitely relate to what you're going through!

Comment

I'm sorry you're going through this, is there anyway you can make new friends. Join an interest group, there's also a website called meetup where people meet for various reasons. I joined it a few years ago because I'm divorced and lost all my friends who were his. Spend time with yourself and develop new interests. I hope it helps. I know how it is. I just started a LD thing with someone who I knew many years ago, so really its just the beginning for me.

Comment

How long will he be in this teaching position? I hope things get better for you soon! isnt it an option for you to go to brazil with him and visit his family?
        our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Thank you, it helps. It's frustrating because I know I should consider myself lucky because I get to see him as often as I do, and that he spends so much to see me, but I still can't help but feel lonely when he's not around. And it's not like I moved to him, I just am not very good at keeping friends. Probably because I hole myself up the way I do.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Sorry Engel didn't see your reply when I initially loaded the page. The teaching position is for spring semester so I think it's up in May. But he's sort of getting offered other jobs there now, because it seems it's easier to get an offer when you actually live in the area than far away. I will probably end up moving to Orlando with him when our lease is up.

He does go to Brazil once every few months to see his family, but this time I don't have enough money saved up to go with him. I intend on going for a week or two at the end of June for his brother's wedding. I just have to really save the money myself every time I go. It's also hard to save up the time off with my job.
          <3

I love my Brazilian. Do you love yours too?

Comment

Working...
          X