Sorry, I'm a letdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I'm a letdown

I never thought I'd actually end up posting this, and I feel like such a failure now that I am.
    My boyfriends and I broke up a few days ago.
    I met him in America during my year abroad, and despite the miles between us, we managed to make things work when I went back to Italy. Six months ago, though, I moved to England so I could go to university, and I had to learn how to juggle seeing my SO, seeing my family and not having enough time to do both properly. Also, when my boyfriend came over for Christmas, we realised that I can't see myself moving to america, and he can't see himself ever moving to europe. I don't know if i'm making any sense, but although i love him, i really don't want to have to choose between being with him or being closer to my family. I've always thought that long distance relationships are worth it, they are worth it when you believe that you have found THE ONE, and they are worth it when you know that sometime, along the line, you will close the distance with your SO.
    The situation between me and my SO has been bothering me for months, and i just got to the point where i couldn't hide my concerns from him, and we just had to face a reality check.
    I'm broken.
    Sorry this was a weird ramble.
    Sorry I was such a letdown to those who are so much stronger than me and manage to face the odds better than i have.

Distance doesn't matter when two hearts are loyal to each other.

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. You're not a let down, not at all. Your choice is one many have to make, and for some, it's just not an easy choice. You've made the right choice for you. Keep your head up, and please, PM me if you need to. Stay strong.

Comment

You are not a let down. break ups happen, in close or long distance. such is life.
      I guess you both made the right choice on the long run, as much as it may hurt right now. A relationship LD without a possibility to ever close the distance isn't a way to go on with your life. you are young and beautiful! enjoy being single, get to know yourself again, hang out with friends, see your family.

I believe in destiny, if it is ever meant to be, life will find a way to make it happen. if it isn't meant to be, well, them it isn't. But don't put yourself down, every relationship is unique, you don't need to be a role model for anyone else that is in a LDR right now. do what is right for your life and yourself!

I know destiny may sound like a simplistic way to see things. "leave it to fate"... But I truly believe it. The world turns, and you never know what may happen tomorrow, or in one or ten years from now. Life finds a way to surprise you.

I wish you all the best, for you to be happy! the break up is recent, but you will be really happy one day, because you look like someone who is realistic on what to expect from life and how to deal with things. good luck! *hugs*
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I think you made the right decision. You did what is best for you. In all honesty, love isn't enough for a relationship. Other factors have to be in place. You made the right decision in this situation and did not sacrifice.

We're all here for you <3

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this. But what everyone said: you're not letting anyone down.You talk about how we're being strong - so are you. I can't possibly imagine how difficult this decision must have been. You seem like superwoman to me.

Comment

Awww...I'm so sorry to hear this. You're not a failure at all, you gave it your best shot, but sometimes it's just not enough If neither of you could be happy living in the others country, then there wasn't much left to do, and you made the choice that was best for you, there's no failure in that. I wish you all the luck in the world.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Biddlybiddlybombop View Post
              I'm so sorry to hear this. But what everyone said: you're not letting anyone down.You talk about how we're being strong - so are you. I can't possibly imagine how difficult this decision must have been. You seem like superwoman to me.
              This is what I was thinking but couldn't put into words.

Comment

You made a very difficult decision. You have to remember, you are both young. Who knows, 20 years from now, you two may someone find each other again (it happened for us) and you will both be in very different situations.
                You had the chance to experience something very few your age are capable of. you should be proud of yourself for that. i hope you two can remain friends.
                everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

As hard as that must be, I am glad for you that you were strong enough to make the best decision possible for you!

Comment

I'm so sorry. I saw this post and was like "WHAT?? NO!!!!" Breakups are awful and hurt so bad. I hope you both can move on to a happy place.

My SO and I went through a bit of a rough patch as we thought that neither would want to leave our home countries. It was really hard and sad to think something that seems to only affect us LDRers would break us up and not that we don't get along or aren't compatible or something. Sometimes logistics don't work for our benefit.

I wish you the best and I do hope you stick around. Be kind to yourself.

Comment

You are no way a let down! You have to be so strong for what you are going through. I wish the best for you and your future!
                      "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

I'm so sorry to read this

Comment

I'm sorry, that must have been a very hard decision to make. You're not a let down though, everyone has to make the decision that is right from them and for their SO. *hugs*

Comment

-hug- I'm so sorry to hear this. If you need someone to talk to, you can feel free to message me (though I'll be MIA come the 17th, so if you took me up on that offer, don't think I'm ignoring you). This sounds like such a difficult decision but sometimes it's one that has to be made. It's not fair, and I know how hard it must have been on both of you, but I think being a let down would have been dragging out a relationship where there was no future and neither respecting nor caring for one another's feelings and for yourselves. I think you made the right decision ,and I think it was the strong one. Sometimes the best decisions hurt the worst. You're not a let down, though. You did what was best for you both/your relationship and that's all anyone could have asked for. Hang in there. <3
                            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                            Met online: February 2009
                            Feelings confessed: December 2010
                            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                            to be continued...

Comment

*Hug* So sorry to hear this!!!!! You are NOT a let down though! Feel free to message me if you need to talk.
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~*** So Much Love to Share ***~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X