How do you sign off or say good night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you sign off or say good night?

I was thinking about the sign off rituals I have with my SO. We've been talking online for 14 years, so we've had MANY progressions in our relationship, and just as many sign offs, but since we have been a couple.. we sign off the same way every night. My day is not complete without it. I will leave the words for him at 8am if I know I cannot be there to leave them for him before he goes to sleep.

My thinking left me wondering.. How do you sign off and/or say goodnight to your SO?

During the day time the last thing we type to each other is byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (K)(K)

And at night.. every night..

I say: 'Sleep well, have sweet dreams, I will leave you morning greetings'
    He says: 'I will try to dream of you, enjoy the rest of your evening, and sleep well when you go'

closed with...I love you, or love you, or I adore you (usually me), sometimes something pervy
    and then the byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(K)(K)'s

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
    And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

He's 7 hours ahead of me, so we talk after I get home from work, before he goes to bed. When our time is up (usually late 'cause of him ), we always say let's go to bed, or we've gotta go to bed, or something similar. It's silly, since I'll be up for hours, but it's our little thing. We aren't real romantic types, so for us, it's kinda cute and sweet, and makes the distance feel a little less far.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

He's 8 hours ahead of me, so our goodnight is started with him telling me he's tired and off to bed. Followed by me saying okay sweet dreams and that i love him, replied with he loves me too night xxx

along those lines, it changes a tad but thats close to how we say goodnight. Then I always wait until he logs off first and then off i go. Surprisingly with such a big time dif we do get a good amount of time to talk, arn't i a lucky girl
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

Well, when I actually get a sign of (70% of the time, he falls asleep on me -.-) from him "Good night booboobear, I love you. Sweet dreams baby." Very rarely does it change from that. I'll send him "Good night babe, I love you too. Sweet dreams sweetheart." Sometimes, he'll reply to that with "I'll be dreaming of you - of course it's sweet." or something ridiculously sweet like that. Gotta love a guy who knows how to make me smile.

Comment

Ooo I love/hate goodnights!! I hate seeing him go, but, if I may say so myself, we are so cute.

We say we have to go, but then it's usually at least ten minutes before we log off. Neither of us want to say goodbye. :P He always signs his messages xx for kisses, and we say I love you about a million times, and always use the kiss emoticons on skype. Plus we give each other skype kisses, and he always calls me baby goose, which I adore. We always end with "I love you" or some form of that...I have this thing where, if something ever happened, the last thing I would want to have said to him is "I love you." Depressing, but fulfilling. :P

If you want the SO to stay? Saying something naughty works every flipping time. Oh hormones <3
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
            If you want the SO to stay? Saying something naughty works every flipping time. Oh hormones <3
            lol that made me chuckle
            I love you Nathan <3
            sigpic
            5/25/09 <3

Comment

We have an 8 hour time difference and so he's the one who's usually off to sleep. Whatever makes us have to end the call, usually it's because it's really late there and he has to start his routine before he sleeps, then we have our ritual. It's "Speak to yous later today" (because it's usually always the next day when he goes off to sleep already so it makes it sound sooner) and we do webcam kisses and then "Wuv yous!" and more webcam kisses and then "Laters" and more webcam kisses and then another "Laters" followed by a couple webcam kisses and then us scrunching our faces at our webcams as he ends the call. It's the same thing if it's signing off but just before having to go to work or something, then I'll tend to be the one who has to end the call. I think it's so good to have a routine before logging off, otherwise it would be horribly hard to know when to actually sign out. It's so cute all of the other stories I read here.

Comment

We usually are on the phone or skype call when he says goodnight. Usually it goes like this

Me: Goodnight Sexiness
                HBB: Goodnight Fiesty

but last night I said this and it got a good chuckle out of him

Me: Goodnight sexy butt
                HBB: *through laughter* Goodnight fiesty

either way these signoffs are usually followed by one or both of us saying "Wuvvlesssss!!!!" (our cutesy sickening love word :P) until someone finally hits the end call button (usually me, men have no willpower)
                Last edited by Jezah; March 7, 2012, 01:33 AM.

Comment

We have no time difference and we talk just before we're both about to sleep, usually when we're already in bed.
                  So he usually suggests we end the call and sleep. I say nooo and start a new topic (more often than not, it works), we talk some more. He insists we go to sleep or I can't keep my eyes open anymore. We say good night. I ask him if he will call tomorrow and at what time. He says he will, at 10pm (sometimes 11pm). We say good nigh and sweet dreams and that we love ech other (in German - we usually speak Polish together).
                  He hangs up.
                  Sleeeeeep zZZzzZZzzZZ

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

My SO works nights so I normally talk to him when he's at work and I'm at home after work. It's ususally me saying I'm going to sleep. M: Bedtime! I love you so much. ttyt Night. Him: I love you too! Good night.

If he's not at work, we talk longer but it ends the same way, unless I fall asleep. God forbid I fall asleep when he's out drinking with his friends. Last time I woke up with 19 text messages about how much he loved me.
                    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

He's one hour ahead of me and has to get up earlier than I do in the mornings so he usually signs out first. More often than not he'll say "goodnight [insert term of endearment], sleep well, speak to you soon [insert heart/kiss emoticon]" and I'll reply "nighty night [ditto], sweet dreams, see you tomorrow [and again]!" If it's been a particularly sentimental evening we'll say "I love you" too, although generally speaking we save those three words for special moments!

Comment

Usually on skype call its
                        Me - ppo ppo
                        Him - Mwuah
                        Me - goodnight sleep well sexy butt/baby
                        Him - goodnight baby
                        Me - I WANT YOU!
                        Him - What does this red button do?
                        Me - you ass g night! ppo ppo

Edit - ppo ppo = kiss in korean

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
                          Yes that use to work.. for the first 2 years...now he is wise to it..and just says PERV! and logs off SUPER QUICK. lol
                          Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                          God forbid I fall asleep when he's out drinking with his friends. Last time I woke up with 19 text messages about how much he loved me.
                          That is so cute! and yes, just one night of missing a log off has him texting my phone which costs him a pound a text for international. lol.

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                          He's 8 hours ahead of me, so our goodnight is started with him telling me he's tired and off to bed.
                          My SO is 5 hours ahead so he will say..'time I was off to bed' sometimes.. but more often than not it goes like this..

Me: Sweetie?
                          Him: I know :S bedtime.
                          Cracks me up.. his sulking at having to leave.

I also love that if he is tired he will tell me when he logs on that he's only here for a few minutes because he's tired.. so I no to not get into anything to involved.. and he's usually the one that lingers and I have to kick him off to bed!!

Loving the different stories!!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                          And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I'm one hour ahead of him (going to be 2 hours starting this weekend due to daylight savings) and I work a night job and have to wake up crazy early for work. So, I am almost always the one to say goodbye first when we are messaging on facebook (how we normally communicate throughout the week). I'll just say it's late and I'm going to bed, goodnight, I love you xxx...he always responds with something super sweet...last night he wrote me "buenas noches mi princesita que descansas te mando mil besos ricos, te amo mi amor" LOVE IT! there's been a couple of times he'll fall asleep before I do and then we won't get to say goodnight and I told him I absolutely have to have his goodnight messages.

Comment

We have quite a routine when it comes to getting off of Skype. He's 6 hours ahead of me, but I'm the reason why we get off when we do because I work in the evenings.
                              Me: I have to go now. (usually freaking out because I'm pushing it so close to time to have to leave.)
                              Him: Ok. Good night, my love.
                              Me: Good night. Sweet dreams, my love.
                              Him: And to you, when you eventually get to sleep in approximately 6 hours.
                              We blow kisses to each other and catch them. Then we kiss our hands like we're kissing the kisses we just sent.
                              Him: Good night.
                              Me: Good night.
                              Then we repeat good night like 3 more times each. Finally, he says, "Going, going, gone" when he hangs up. Usually it takes him a couple of tries. I don't know why.

It's quite a routine, but we do this every time we skype. If we're texting good night, he usually says, "I'm in bed reading now honey, good night Princess. Have fun at Zumba. I love you. xxx" Then I usually reply, "Good night my love. I hope you have the sweetest dreams. I love you so much. Good night. xxx" He's told me a few times that he has a hard time falling asleep when I don't text him back right away.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X