How do you sign off or say good night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol at Marbear 31!!! I do that too haha
    My SO 6 hours behind me so its always me saying good night first. Usually along the lines of sweetdreams and I love you's followed by a million kisses and hearts. I feel uneasy if I don't say I love you before I sleep, and if I fall asleep before he text me back the first thing I do when I wake is check my phone x

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
    Second visit scheduled May 2013
    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

He sings me "cancioncita" (little song) every night It's so cutesy and I love it!

Comment

Such cute posts everywhere in this thread :P

We usually tell each other "I love you" or "I adore you" (usually him). He says he likes having the last word because he hates the feeling of leaving me without a reply, so the last word is always his unless I'm on the mood for playing a little and I get the last word and shut down everything before he can reply. He's stubborn so he texts me then to get the last word. This is just from time to time :P I just usually say "I love you" and then "good night" or "sweet dreams" and since he likes writing, he either describes some image so I can have it on my head before going to sleep or a part of a poem or something, then logs off before I dare replying and take the last word again :P

Comment

My SO and I don't have a time difference so we can talk until whenever we like. Unfortunately our schedules are quite different (he works nights and I have college classes pretty early in the morning) so normally I'm off to bed first. We always talk on the phone every night before bed - we did it when we were close distance and we do it now! I always say how I'm off to bed and we do the typical "I love you" "I love you" "Goodnight" "Goodnight". We always text each other "Goodnight. I love you<3" after the phone call. I guess it just became a habit! We also text each other "Goodmorning. I love you<3". We text a lot though.... :P

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
          Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
          Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
          Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
          Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

We're mostly boring and standard - He says Good night hun, I love you and then I say Good night I love you too. We always say the I love you last though - it never goes out of order by saying I love you then good night. He made me laugh last night though because he started singing "I dream of Krista with the long red hair" (and god knows I love him, but his singing voice leaves much to be desired!). But then he still followed up with the standard goodbye

Comment

I say good morning even though I'm going to sleep, and he says goodnight even though it's his morning lol and then "I love you babe" <3 <3 <3

Comment

We both take our turns saying "Nighty night!" and then some version of "I love you so much!". Can't get to sleep without hearing it

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Him: I'm going to bed baby
                  Me: K, bye.
                  Him: Love you.
                  Me: Love you too
                  Him: night

Comment

Luckily we are in the same timezone.

I miss you, I love you and goodnight are usually the closing words. Sp generic I know. But hey, its true.
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

We leave our Skype on overnight so we never really have to say it. It makes me one happy camper!

Comment

We actually have a complete ritual too... When I have go to bed, we blow each other a kiss over skype, then kiss our finger and touch the screen, and then he just kisses the screen, haha! I love how that sounds, just like he's right next to me. Then we wave, and one of us hangs up (usually me). After that there is a competition of who can do <3 first. Then we just do <3 <3 <3 for a little bit, and send each other a lot of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (can be really long or short, whatever we feel like) Then sometimes we have a little bit of conversation still, until one of us says 'Good night!'. Then the other repeats that and we say 'Bye!' and then usually two or three (L)'s .

Gosh, now that I look at it, it's a lot! And we do it every night and he is so cute ^^

Comment

Some really cute and sweet posts..kinda don’t want to add ours. There isn’t a set routine we have as such..we both say a line along the lines of “ I love you and you mean the world..etc”. But he puts two hearts (<3<3)together on msn. Along with some other cute emotes.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
                            We actually have a complete ritual too... When I have go to bed, we blow each other a kiss over skype, then kiss our finger and touch the screen, and then he just kisses the screen, haha! I love how that sounds, just like he's right next to me. Then we wave, and one of us hangs up (usually me). After that there is a competition of who can do <3 first. Then we just do <3 <3 <3 for a little bit, and send each other a lot of xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (can be really long or short, whatever we feel like) Then sometimes we have a little bit of conversation still, until one of us says 'Good night!'. Then the other repeats that and we say 'Bye!' and then usually two or three (L)'s .
                            Gosh, now that I look at it, it's a lot! And we do it every night and he is so cute ^^
                            We do this to when we have our cam dates once a week.. we always sign off with blowing kisses.. which I love that he does because he is sooooooo not that type of guy! lol and then we wave goodbye and he closes the window... and then we talk a bit.. and sign of with the Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(K)(K)

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

We are in the same time zone but he has to get up way earlier than me so we talk before I'm ready for bed. Since this is still a new relationship (2 months) we haven't said we love each other yet. On the phone, we usually say "miss you, can't wait to see you" and something about getting a good night sleep and him admonishing me not to stay up too late (I'm a night owl). Then he'll tell me when he will call again. When we text (he prefers talking), there's always some version of miss you, thinking about you. And he started by ending texts with "kissssssssses." I do a more scaled back "Kisses." Not bad for new bf/gf.

Comment

Originally posted by LoveJ View Post
                                We leave our Skype on overnight so we never really have to say it. It makes me one happy camper!
                                We have some pretty epic Skype dates, don't we?

Our longest is just shy of 16 hours. I'd like to see someone top that

Skype sleeping affords us the ability to get ready for bed together, snuggle in to the covers, chat with really close up face-to-face moments just like you would have if you were really in bed next to each other, and then we just kind of longingly look at each other and remind the other of how much we love them before one of us falls asleep.... which is usually me. I'm 2 hours ahead so 1am-2am sleepy-times aren't unheard of.

At least that's better than getting to bed at 4:30am, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X