Just wanted to say I LOVE THIS SITE <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted to say I LOVE THIS SITE <3

I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!!!!!!!! Only joined a month ago and totally hooked. I'm loving the fact that there's other people out there who feel the same as I do, and are facing the similar challenges / issues / struggles as me. None of my friends are in LDRs and they just don't get it so I'm loving having an outlet to vent my frustrations and to be able to "gush" about my SO without being judged or having the "it won't last or how can it be real being so far away from each other blah blah blah (what do they know right? haha)" attitude.

When I've been feeling down and missing my gorgeous this site makes me feel better about stuff.

So THANK YOU fellow LFAD buddies for sharing, advising, making me laugh at some of the threads and supporting me

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
    Second visit scheduled May 2013
    Ended relationship August 2013

Yea LFAD is pretty rad.

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself! I feel like people get annoyed when I talk about my boyfriend a lot, but it's because he's a huge part of my life. I'm sure part of it's because I miss him too.It really is great to have a place where so many people get it and are going through/ have been through it.

Some people say I'm too idealist because I trust that he never cheats or lies to me and it makes me so angry! Hate to be rude, but part of it could be jealousy that they can't trust someone that much. Many of us are faced with a lot of negativity, so I always come here when it starts dragging me down.

Comment

Haha yeah I get the "He's most probably cheating" chat from my friends but then they know that I'm not so why should he be?..............I like the jealousy comment I'm gonna say that next time they start their nonsense lol. Oh and one my friends gets reaaaaaaallly annoyed when he messages me when I'm with them, but doesn't seem to bothered when I get a text from anyone else??? Don't get it haha

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
        Second visit scheduled May 2013
        Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

I love this site too! You guys became my "best friend" the last couple of months

Comment

to that!

Comment

Yeah, this site is wonderful. I've been here for over a year now and I wish I would've found it when I first began my LDR because I was a mess those first few months. But, yeah, everyone is great and very helpful and supportive.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I agree. This site can be a bit of a lifeline at times.

Comment

LOVE this site! So much great advice, great ideas, and just the thought that, although sometimes it feels like i'm the only who's feeling lonely as all my friends are with their SOs, I can come here and not feel left out, cuz pretty much most people here are in the same place that I am. It's been such a help!!!

Comment

I agree with everyone else; I swear, I trust more people on here than I do IRL. The ladies on here are absolutely wonderful. I'm sure the gents are too

Comment

I love this site as well! I wish I'd found it when I first entered into an LDR, it would have given me much needed help and support The advice is great and everyone is so friendly and willing to listen, no one ever judges or makes accusations. I'll probably be coming here even after I've closed the distance

Comment

I love this site too! Which is probably why I'm on here all the time.... :P

Most of my friends in real life get to spend infinite amounts of time with their boyfriends/husbands and don't understand. The only friends who really get it are my friend who just married a Marine (because he's been deployed so she actually has it worse than me) and my other friend who is just very understanding!

I never get the "he's probably cheating" thing but he gets "she's probably cheating" all the time, most likely because I'm in college and supposed to be going crazy while he's not. It's weird though!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Yes thank goodness for technology. I found LFAD when the distance was at its worst and I wish I had found it sooner to have been more prepared, but I recommend it to people all the time.

Comment

Working...
                          X