No announcement yet.

Sh*t s stirrers on Facebook vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it's a situation where it's best to delete the person (as you've done), have a good scream into your pillow or a rant at your SO, and then let it go. :/ As someone else said, what they want is a reaction, and it really only has power for as long as you're willing to dwell on it.

Facebook, in my opinion, only breeds drama and negativity if you let it. Drama has caused an issue for me once, when I found out something my SO didn't tell me that felt like a massive betrayal. I did flip my lid at that point. But generally I don't let what I see on FB bother me. I rant on FB and I don't mind others who rant on FB as well. I try not to rant about anyone on my FB or anyone that I'm acquainted with personally, simply because I believe in confronting the situation face to face, and I don't use names, and that seems to do well with not stirring up any unnecessary drama. I ended up deleting someone on FB who would take URLs of posts and make fun of the people on them by name, getting a bunch of people from that forum to band together and gang up on the person unbeknowanst to them. I thought it was horrible and swiftly deleted them for it. I tend not to keep the shit stirrers on my friend's list. I only recently made a cut to people I know/people I know from LFAD that I want to keep updated on or in touch with. It's sad that Facebook is such a catalyst for drama, but I've managed to avoid it by limiting whose friend requests I accept and what content I choose to accept/post.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I have my Facebook account since 2008, and i played many games i added random people to at the begin, plus i know A LOT of people in brazil. really. a lot. so if i let i would have 1.000 plus Facebook "friends" i didn't let.. but it got to 500 plus! i started deleting, and in one week it went down to 280 or something. my goal is to get to 200. people i talk occasionally, people i like when we go out and have a laugh but am not really friends with. even family that we never talk i deleted. i don't want people to just be there anymore. I'm slowly keeping just the people i interest with in there. and it is so nice! now i can see the updates of people i really talk to easily than before!

so yes, i would suggest everybody clean their friend list once in a while! will do you a world of good!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

I often clear out my friends list on there, way too much drama on there for me with girls in high school falling out. Does my head in. Talking of clear outs, i shall do one now! lol

Comment

I keep my FB friend list small, only close family, and those who I actually talk to. I don't like the whole 200+ contact lists when realistically you only talk to like 20. Just think it's silly to add everyone who adds you. But yeah, I wouldn't let it bug you, delete the person and ignore. FB causes unnecessary jealousy or anger. I know i've had a few of those moments. My SO says he'd delete anyone I ask. (would never ask him to delete on of his friends, but it's nice to know he would for me) Don't let someone create unnecessary drama. I think it's rude too though, you shouldn't flirt with someone whose taken, playful or not
          I love you Nathan <3
          sigpic
          5/25/09 <3

Comment

I still have a FB. But it is up to you to stay away from the drama. Keep only the people who you care about on it and delete the rest. It isnt a big deal. Yes it is annoying but it is not worth the frustration.
            Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

there were girls trying to start drama between my man and I (trying to break us up). my guy and I blocked them all. now no drama there!

Comment

Like everyone else has said, just have him delete the profile and block it. Then don't add random girls on facebook that you arent sure about.
                Chris and Molly
                Age 19 and 19
                NJ and Missouri
                Almost 10 months together
                Anniversary: May 26, 2011
                Next visit date: July 18, 2012

Comment

Working...
                X