Hardest Part of LDRs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardest Part of LDRs

All of us here know that LDRs aren't easy. I don't think there's any denying that. But what's the hardest part for you?

Loving my fiance is the easiest thing I've ever had to do. Loving him from 2500 miles away is the hardest. I can't be there when he's had a bad day, or when he doesn't feel good. I can't hold cloths to his head when he's sweaty or feverish, and I can't snuggle with him at night time when we feel cozy. I can't be waiting for him at home with a glass of his favourite drink after he's been at work all day, and I can't just say, "Let's go out for dinner tonight! Date night!." What hurts most of all is that I can't wrap him in my arms and hug him when something really, really good happens, because he's the first, and only, person I want to share it with.

Regardless of how hard all of this is, he's worth every second of it.

I love you, sweetheart.

I think the hardest for me is that we can't be there for each other properly. I can't hug him when he has a bad day. He can't hug me when I feel down. Or when we feel particularly happy. It's hard i can't show him my affection in any other way than words. That I can't cuddle him, give him a kiss on the cheek or tickle him. Not be able to see his gorgeous smile, hear his jokes and go to fun stuff. Everything. There isn't anything I can really pick.

Comment

I try not to think about it but little things bring me back to the hardships from time to time like if he says something adorable, normally I would kiss or hug him and I get the urge to but can't. Or if I'm feeling a little too stressed about something and all I want is him there with me...he can't be.
      "She is motivated by love. The world moves for love - it kneels before it in awe."

Comment

Not being able to spend time with him. He leaves for bootcamp soon & I want to spend every second I can with him before he leaves. And... I can't. I think the distance really hits me when he says something and I'm speechless. It would be so much easier to express my feelings in person, than over email. When the love of your life tells you he wants to spend forever with you, how the hell do you respond to that? A kiss says everything, you know?

Comment

It's definitely the little things. He loves my cats (I have two, they're my babies), and when we Skype he loves seeing them. (I'm their momma, and I've told him that I do, once in a while, refer to him as their daddy (but not to any of my friends... lol)) So it's the every day things. The kiss when I leave for work, going to church together, eating dinner. Sitting on the couch watching TV.

I'm gonna call him and Skype with my boy as soon as I get home from work. I miss that boy. Hardcore. Hoping that we can all continue to be strong throughout our LDRs.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Pfffff everything..

I love the fact that we talk a lot! I never talked so much as in this relationship.. But really.. Sometimes you just don't want to talk..
            \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
            \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
            \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

I definitely agree with you guys about not really being able to be there for your partner when they are not well or don't have a good day. I mean, sure, you tell them and still try to help in any way you can, but being together face to face is still different in a very good way. I'm sure you know what I mean.

So far, I deal well with my LDR, but it still hurts me, that we don't have stories together. Or at least have to wait such a long time to finally create some memories together like I do with some of my good friends. I miss reminiscing about past adventures with him...

Comment

I agree with you 100%.
                I hate not being able to see him everyday
                To give him a kiss, hug , cook him dinner.
                take care of him when hes sick, cant be there when hes crying over missing me.
                just not being able to see his gorgeous face, or give him a big kiss when i feel like it.
                I cant wait to marry him, to never have to leave.
                soon enough ill be near him everyday until i die.

I miss him so very much. )'=

Comment

The hardest part for me is not being able to look into his eyes. Seeing him looking at me. His eyes looking into mine..tells me everything, gives me anything I could ever need. I can't look into his eyes via webcam.

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                  And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I think not being able to share things so immediately. Having to wait for a phone call and sometimes you get to tired to talk or forget then you never talk about what you needed to tell him.

It sucks. I would rather talk to him when I want to and not have to wait for the convenience of things.

Waiting is all we do in LDRs
                    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

For me, it's everything as well. I hate that I can't hug him, that we can't just not talk. We have different first languages (I speak English, he German) but I know Germany pretty well. It's frustrating sometimes though, when I just want to tell him how happy I am that I'm with him or how really great he makes me feel and I can't because I don't know how to. Most of the time this isn't a big deal and is actually a plus in our relationship. But it's hard sometimes when he tells me something and I have to grab my English-German book or google-translate it. Also, legally staying in Germany is soooo difficult in terms of paperwork.

But honestly, the hardest parts really are the physical aspects of the relationship. Just being there, with him, sharing things in person. When he's sick, I want to be there to make him feel better, and I know it's reciprocal.

Comment

The hardest part of my LDR is not being able to hold him, to cuddle after a long hard day. Not being able to give him a backrub after a long shift at work or a hug when I'm stressed about my courses. Not having a kiss goodnight or goodmorning. The physical actions are the things I really miss.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

I like how Bethypoo put it: the immediacy. I miss touching, kissing, waking up next tot him, telling him things the moment they happen, or, better yet, sharing those moments with him. He's told me this summer when I go visit thim, I'm "not leaving his side" and he's going to "mind me like a baby." Aka, we're going to be one of those annoying couples that's attached at the hip.

fine by me!!! :P
                          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I can't stand that one of us is always so sleepy when we talk. something about living in different timezones feels very disconnecting. It's so nice to be doing things at the same time when we are in the same place - even if hes at work i really enjoy being in the same atmosphere .

also that it feels really disconnecting from each others lives lately with stuff thats been going on in my life. I've lost 2 of my grandparents in the space of 6 months and now my family is going through so much drama with dealing with my grandparents house/belongings.. they lived 4 hours away and i feel like i'm in a complete different reality because there is no internet and my SO is miles away and it's an extremely difficult process to go through.. with the added fact that my SO can't be there to support me when we have to go up there and deal with things.. and it's not over yet, it's just the beginning of the process of clearing their house and getting it sold. if he was here he would definitely come with me and the family and be such a help and support.
                            Met Online: February 2009
                            Feelings grew: January 2011
                            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I remember our final morning in Paris the last time I went over; he'd popped to the patisserie round the corner to buy us pastries for breakfast as a Valentine's Day treat. When I heard his footsteps on the stairwell on the way back up my heart seemed to skip a beat, and by the time his keys were in the door I was scrambling over the bed to jump up and meet him. I'll never forget the way his face lit up with surprise and pleasure as I flung myself onto him, covering his face in kisses and squealing "I've missed you!" as if he'd been gone for a year. I had though, I really had. Not a day has gone by since that I haven't wished I could be there to greet him - with a smile, a kiss, a hug, a back massage, dinner, whatever - when he comes home from work or anywhere else. I just want to be there for him in every single way, but I can't, and it breaks my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X