No announcement yet.

Having a hard time, dying cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't reply earlier to your post because i have issues dealing with pets deaths (I've gotten too many cats poisoned by mean people)... but now I must say, Pooka really gave you a great gift. you got to be with her as she passed away, guilt-free... and yeah... cats tend to do things on their own, whether you agree with them or not

Pooka was lovely indeed... a little furry angel that needed to go back home

My thoughts are with you.

Hugs & Kisses

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Oh and Engel, I LOVE those beads. Pooka is buried though, my parents have a pet graveyard at the top of the yard where all our babies are laid to rest. With my other cat Cricketa though I will make one of those, she is the one who is more my best friend whereas Pooka was my baby but is buried next to the 2 boy cats who always loved her in life.

Alesitag, I cannot even imagine what I would do if someone poisoned my beloved babies...except to say it would probably result in me being locked up in jail for a LOOOOOOOONG time after. I understand though, once you lose a kitty kid it is hard to deal with or hear of others losing theirs, it brings it all back. However she did give me that gift, I called her name as she was breathing heavy and for a brief moment her eyes met mine and we saw each other before she drifted off. I will cherish that moment, that connection and the knowledge that she knew I was there with her stroking her as she passed forever
      Last edited by Jezah; March 21, 2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you & I hope you're well. Pooka was a beautiful baby and I know she will be missed dearly. xx

Comment

Some of my most cherished moments with my deceased pets are being with them when they passed away. It is truly a beautiful thing to see a beloved animal out of this world and into the next. I consider myself blessed to have been able to have been there at those special moments, as difficult as it was.

You're so lucky to have been able to give her a wonderful life and ultimately a peaceful passing. I wish you all the best in your healing process. Wherever she is, she will be waiting for you when it's your time.

Comment

Oh i'm so sorry! I've been there, except with dogs and horses. It's one of the hardest things to go through.
            I'll pray for your dad! I hope he gets better!

I wish your SO would be better about this and understand how much you need him. I hope he will start being there for you. It's clear to see how many people on here are there for you

Comment

The outpouring of care and support on here has helped so much, knowing there is a community of people who are there for me and for her when she was still here is so comforting. I love you all for being there for us, I mean the whole point of ALL of us fighting for LDR's is that distance does not change how much love you can receive from a person...and the love here is truly and strongly felt. My Pooka was my baby, like a child to me and getting through everyday without her will be a monumental task but if there is one thing I learned from this forum, this community, it is that to be in a LDR you have to be a strong person and I believe that I CAN do this. I will mourn her, but every single moment I am also trying to celebrate her life and remember the love I received from this tiny furry creature.

Comment

I'm not sure I have anything to add but *hugs*. My online time will be spotty until the 1st, but feel free to PM me if you ever feel the need to simply talk. <3
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                Met online: February 2009
                Feelings confessed: December 2010
                Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

I'm sincerely sorry about Pooka, the loss of a beloved pet is devastating. Be comforted in knowing you gave her the best life she could have had, and you were both lucky to have so many happy years together. She can rest having never known abuse or hunger or homelessness.
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

*hugs* I'm so sorry, I totally understand the love for a pet. My cat is like my son, I love him so much!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Just saw your post... I am praying for you!

Comment

Your story made me cry! I'm so sorry you lost your baby. She was beautiful! I'm personally a total cat person. I lost my first 2 pets (cat and dog) almost 7 years ago. It's a hard thing to cope with. I know my current cats are just like my babies. I would do anything I could to protect them.

Comment

Working...
                        X