Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long have you been apart, and how much longer until you close the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've been LD and CD on and off so it's complicated, but we're currently in our longest LDR stretch. We went LD in May 2011 and we hope to close the distance by getting married sometime in 2014. I will be moving back to Maryland in May 2013 once I graduate, so at least then we'll be closer and can drive to one another instead of him always having to fly here.

Comment

Let's see it's been almost 3 years long distance and I'm now unsure when we'll close the distance since our current plans to close by this summer were shot down, it could be either 2 more years or 6 more years. Just depends on circumstances v.v

Notes:
      Met: 8.17.09
      Started Dating: 8.20.09
      First Met: 10.2.10
      Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

We've been long distance for 2 years minus one summer we spent together. I graduate in May then I no longer need to live here, so we will be living together by May but probably won't be in a permanent place until September. We picked out an apartment and are just waiting to here if we got approved.

Comment

Well, weve been apart for about 2 1/2 years. but visited of course, but i was there for a full 6 mnths last year. from may to nov.
          and we plan on closing the distance shortly into 2013, weve started working on our evidence folder.
          i have to be 21, so thats not until oct. Im really looking forward to moving to england (=

Comment

We've been apart for almost 3 months, and (hopefully-not-really-sure-but-possible) will close the distance in a few years. Like, 2 or 3.

Comment

We started as CD and have been LD for 1 year and 2 months...we will be closing the distance next year for sure (I really do not want to put it off any longer!)...I'd say a year or so is a good estimate

Comment

You guys are all soooooo strong and amazing. I've always tried to keep things in perspective and know that I've got it a lot easier than many other people (we're in the same time zone, same region in the US albeit on opposite ends, etc.) Our distance fluctuates a lot due to both of us moving around quite a bit, and we've also been together for a lot less time than most of you so I know it's not really the same thing...but the longest we've ever been apart is about a month. This stretch will be the longest, probably six weeks. That's NOTHING compared to what you guys are doing...you're all amazing.

If all things work out according to plan, we'll hopefully be closing the distance in October or so.

Comment

Almost a year and a half apart! We´re hoping to "narrow" the distance in June (He´s moving to South Edmonton, and I´ll be going to North Calgary) until December, and then theoretically we are planning to close the distance in Vancouver this coming January.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
                  -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
                  \

Comment

Almost there! My girlfriend and I have been apart since August. A unique story. We met out of pure luck and we connected almost instantaneously. We decided we had to continue with each other after meeting each other in April.

I've seen her in Oct/Nov. She came out to see me for three weeks in Dec/Jan. I spent a long visit in March to see her. She's coming to see me in April. We will be done with all of this and she will be moved in by the end of May

Comment

We met in July last year online and our relationship began 26th August, so we've been together for almost seven months. We might not even get to meet each other before we can close the distance, which will be April/May next year. Though he does turn eighteen in March and has pinky promised that he will fly over for my eighteenth at the beggining of April next year! I am working on getting him over here at the moment. He's allowed, I'm just trying to plan it out and convince my parents to let me fly back over with him. Hard work! I'm determined though. It's roughly 384 days until we can close the distance, which is about 54 weeks.

Comment

If we aren't counting visits, we've been apart for the entirety of our relationship (see my ticker). How much longer until we close the distance? We can't be sure Three or four years from now, I guess... it's not ideal, but hey, it can't be helped!

Comment

Our story of CD and LD is a bit complicated. We met CD and got together in December 2009 -
                          then since February we've been LD for about 6 months (except for 1 week traveling together in February) -
                          then CD for a whole year (I moved to his city for an exchange year) -
                          and since July LD again with visits (2 weeks in Sept/Oct and 1 months in Dec/Jan) -
                          now we are LD again for about 6 months -
                          and hopefully we will be closing the distance in July for good (*fingers crossed*)

Comment

Working...
                          X