I did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it!

I did it! I bought a plane ticket. My mom won't be happy but whatever. I'll be in Peru for 3 weeks in August. I'm excited but omg, so nervous. I worry all the time, and I worry they'll mess something up with the flights and I'll be stuck in like, Ecuador, and not know what to do. But that's part of the adventure, I guess.

I think my favorite part is that I can, for the first time in our relationship, count down.

Discuss: Your first trip to see your SO.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Congrats!! My first trip was this past summer and I flew out to her. I stayed there for a week and it was amazing
    Chris and Molly
    Age 19 and 19
    NJ and Missouri
    Almost 10 months together
    Anniversary: May 26, 2011
    Next visit date: July 18, 2012

Comment

That's so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you!

We will be meeting for the first time in September so I have no stories yet lol.

Comment

Ahh so exciting!! It's so exciting once the ticket is booked and it's a for sure! But ahh! Im going for the first time ever travelling alone in May. Its a 13 hour flight I believe so im a bit nervous. I was thinking like that too, what if I get stuck or lost somewhere. But my SO keeps telling me it will be okay, that all I have to do is get on the plane and then there responsible for me until I arrive, so I will get there fine. But yay, congrats to you!
        I love you Nathan <3
        sigpic
        5/25/09 <3

Comment

You're making it work. That's great!

Comment

Great news! Nothing to be too worried about, just double check all the flight times and everything before you leave.

Comment

Congratulations! Don't worry, you'll be fine My mum gave me hell the first time I told her I was going to visit my SO - and it was technically just a long train ride in my case, haha Needless to say, everything worked out wonderfully and now travel has become like second nature!

Comment

Originally posted by kiara_silver View Post
                Ahh so exciting!! It's so exciting once the ticket is booked and it's a for sure! But ahh! Im going for the first time ever travelling alone in May. Its a 13 hour flight I believe so im a bit nervous. I was thinking like that too, what if I get stuck or lost somewhere. But my SO keeps telling me it will be okay, that all I have to do is get on the plane and then there responsible for me until I arrive, so I will get there fine. But yay, congrats to you!
                Is it all one flight or is there a layover somewhere? I'm mostly nervous because all my layovers are in Spanish-speaking countries, and I don't speak Spanish.[COLOR="Silver"]
                Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Originally posted by kittyo9 View Post
                  Is it all one flight or is there a layover somewhere? I'm mostly nervous because all my layovers are in Spanish-speaking countries, and I don't speak Spanish.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Is it all one flight or is there a layover somewhere? I'm mostly nervous because all my layovers are in Spanish-speaking countries, and I don't speak Spanish.
                  They should speak english in the airports.

Comment

My first visit=22 hour flight, layover in Japan. Was as nervous as you can imagine. /: I bought the ticket 4 months in advance and was so close to losing it by the time December came around.
                    The very first hug, you're never going to forget that feeling. (:
                    I hope everything is smooth sailing from that point on, that you will have a wonderful visit!

Comment

I am SO excited for you!!! I've been rooting for you two ever since I heard your story. I bet it's a great feeling to finally have a set meeting date. To answer your question- I started out CD with my SO because we met in college, so I didn't have a first visit. The first time he came to see me in NY was pretty awesome though.

Comment

what u have posted has brought back memories the bit about ur mum my last relationship my mum hated me going over to visit him and every time i booked flights i dreaded telling her and the excited nervous feeling is what im feeling just now leave on saturday for australia and im freaking out freaking that a flight is delayed and i get stuck somewhere or that its nothing like i expect when i get there loads of things ... just keep in mind it will all be worth it in the end thats what i keep telling myself
                        morven and christopher <3

Comment

That's so amazing Have a wonderful time!

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Congratulations! I'm proud of you that you're taking this step! My first time visiting my SO after we were separated was over Christmas holidays, and I had a 5-hour layover in Roissy in the middle of an airport security strike. That was, er, fun.

Try not to worry so much about the layovers. Just make sure to print out your boarding passes ahead of time, if it's possible, and make your way straightaway towards the gate that your connecting flight is leaving from after customs. If you do that, you'll be totally fine.

Good luck!

Comment

Its gonna be great, my 1st week was really amazing.
                              I hope everything goes really well for u (=
                              good luck!! have lots of fun (=

Comment

Working...
                              X