X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's wonderful news!
    i hope you have a great time planing for your trip
    will this be your first flight?

my SO and I started out CD, but the first time i flew out to see him i was so excited i couldn't sleep during the whole trip! about 23 hours between flights and layovers once i got there i was ready to collapse but he kept me up for hours more to kick the jet lag out of me from the begining
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Congratulations! That is awesome I'm sure you'll have an amazing time, the worrying is part of the fun, when you look back on it...
      On our first visit he came to me, and I was freaking out during the weeks before that... It's always weird, if you don't know each other in person (very well). This summer, I'll be visiting him for the first time, with a layover in Iceland... I'm very curious about how all of that will go! I hope to book my ticket this week!

Comment

Congratulations! That's a huge step and I know a lot of us are proud of you for taking it!

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
          that's wonderful news!
          i hope you have a great time planing for your trip
          will this be your first flight?

my SO and I started out CD, but the first time i flew out to see him i was so excited i couldn't sleep during the whole trip! about 23 hours between flights and layovers once i got there i was ready to collapse but he kept me up for hours more to kick the jet lag out of me from the begining
          I've flown quite a few times before, both nationally and internationally, but I've never taken an international flight alone. The times I did travel internationally, I was with a group of students. I'm excited to be taking this step on my own but of course, oh-so-nervous. Fortunately there won't be much jetlag. (:
          Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
          Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
          Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Oooh have fun! You won't get stuck in anywhere, and if you do-- Ecuador is a great place to get stuck!

Have funnn!!!!

Comment

My first trip was for my birthday, and I had never went anywhere before, so it was a huge deal. I went and stayed at his house for a week, and I was so comfortable there, even though there house seemed small with me and his family all in it. I felt at home though, and I loved every minute of it.

Comment

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! you deserve this! congratulations!!!! must feel so nice to have a countdown at last!
                our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Originally posted by Engel View Post
                  SO HAPPY FOR YOU! you deserve this! congratulations!!!! must feel so nice to have a countdown at last!
                  It does and yet at the same time, it hasn't sunk in at all for me, in part because I haven't told my parents yet. I'm excited and terrified.
                  Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                  Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                  Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Congratulations Dont worry most of the airport staff will speak english, Go gal xx

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                    Second visit scheduled May 2013
                    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

That's great!!! congratulations...

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

Good luck and have fun! I'm about to buy my first ticket too!

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

When you talk to your parents, tell me what you said :P I'm having a HUGE problem with that part too xD

Comment

Working...
                        X