Getting together with bestfriend ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting together with bestfriend ^^

Okay so basically I'm not in a relationship at the moment, my ex was long distance...even though that ended up being very horrible. (faking death blah blah) I already had an account on this as most of you would probably know, I really do hope that's okay though. Anyhow to the good stuff.

Luke is my bestfriend, He has been with me through everything that happened. I never really thought I would start having feelings for him but lately I've noticed things, I've been thinking about him more. Realizing how comfortable I am around him, how we can talk about anything so easily with eachother. Example: He told me he was going out on a date with this girl...I didn't think it would matter to me. But then I felt this jealousy and when he told me what she looked like and how he thought her eyes were so gorgeous. I was like ... oh that's nice. haha but yup, anyhow she never worked out and in a way I felt kind of glad. About a week ago I found out he knew another girl and that he met her around the same time as me. He told me that he had this special connection with her, I got so upset.. I was then just realizing maybe I do have more feelings for him then I know.

I am talking to him right now actually and told him how I feel but that I am scared honestly. I don't want to hurt him and if it doesn't work out, I don't want to lose him or be all awkward. So I think we are going to try it out, he has feelings for me and seems to be pretty happy about this whole idea. ^_^

I just wanted to say that I guess. hehe

Hope it works out for you

Comment

I wish you the best!

Comment

Originally posted by XxErinyesxCovet View Post
        About a week ago I found out he knew another girl and that he met her around the same time as me. He told me that he had this special connection with her, I got so upset..
        Don't look into it too much, but maybe its a hint. You said that you are totally comfortable around each other, are always there, and can talk about anything.. Just saying ~ Please don't get your hopes up, but just ask more about who she is or more about her?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyDimples View Post
          Don't look into it too much, but maybe its a hint. You said that you are totally comfortable around each other, are always there, and can talk about anything.. Just saying ~ Please don't get your hopes up, but just ask more about who she is or more about her?
          Oh yes well I asked about her, he told me that he just feels like she is a sister to him and she has a bf actually. He also told me I could talk to her if I wanted to and that is really nice. He said he didn't feel that way about her at all. Thanks though

Comment

Ohh well that's good! Your welcome! I hope that things go really well for you, and good luck

Comment

Good luck! I hope it all works out for the two of you

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Yay, I'm happy for you! Hope everything goes well for you.

Comment

Just wanted to tell everyone, it didn't work out. I guess in the end he was stuck in the friend zone for to long and yeah. But all is good ;p

Comment

your post reminded me a lot of how my SO and I were before we considered forwarding the relationship.. he supported me through a few break ups, i talked to him about his gf issues (before they broke up) and we could talk about anything.

I know you said that it didn't work out with your friend.. that might be true but that doesn't mean you should give up on the friendship just because he doesn't share the same feelings..

the truth is.. when me and my SO were just friends (which was for about 2 years) we both went in and out of having feelings for each other.. he had feelings for me when we were first friends but i had a bf so my friend moved on and had a relationship with another girl for a year or so.. when i broke up with that bf i started to have feelings for my friend but he was with the gf at the time.. so i moved on and ended up dating another guy for awhile.. anyway, we maintained our friendship through this because we both valued it so much. finally we did get there in the end and were both single and our feelings naturally developed together, it just had to be the right time for it to work out.

maybe you will end up with him, maybe you won't.. but if you value the friendship hold onto it, don't let you feelings get in the way
                      Met Online: February 2009
                      Feelings grew: January 2011
                      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

aww that's great for you guys and well yes I still plan on staying friends with him. It's a little wierd right now but everything will be normal again. I do really care about him, he is great and I plan on being his friend for forever unless something drastic happens. But who knows anything could happen.

Comment

thats great to hear that you still want to stay friends. It probably will be weird for a little while like you said.. but if you maybe focus your attentions on some other guys/dating it'll probably help take the pressure off your friendship. Goodluck
                          Met Online: February 2009
                          Feelings grew: January 2011
                          First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                          Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                          Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                          Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                          Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                          Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                          Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                          Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                          Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
                          Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
                          Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
                          Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
                          Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
                          Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I was sort of in a similar position myself, altough my crush on my now-SO started like almost two years ago. We then became really good and close friends and even roommates. I was in an LDR with my ex, and we were rather complicated. In middle of that all, the old feelings started to rise and my now-SO felt the same. When we broke up with my ex, me and my SO decided to give it a try after long thinking. We were first scared it wouldn't work out because we had been only friends, and I have to admit that at first it was a little bit weird, especially when our physical contact went from friendly to romantic. But it was all a natural part of it and now I couldn't be any happier in my relationship. He might change his mind, maybe he won't, but I think that having second thoughts with something like this is pretty normal. I hope it works out for the best though, no matter what that means!
                            "Everyone smiles in the same language."

Comment

aww thank you! and that's awesome, I hope you and your SO last forever. If not a very long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X