I HATE IT, I HATE LEAVING HIM :'(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE IT, I HATE LEAVING HIM :'(

After almost two weeks here in japan with my babe ill be leaving tomorrow night back to home, i hate this i totally hate saying see u soon, once again gonna go trough the whole proses of getting back to my routine n daily life and accepting the fact that i wont see him in not so sure how many more months.
    he does not want me to cry, I'm already trying not to, ill probably cry the whole 18 hrs flight back home but ill be fine in a few days or months. buuuuuut seems that next time we see each other will be closing the distance finally so this time i wont be sooo sad like the last time

i must say that these weeks with him were beyond amazing he took me everywhere in Okinawa japan, i saw the ocean for the first time, we did para-sailing, zip laining , got to see n know many friends of his base etc, even though im sad n will miss him every day/night im ready to go home and prepare to the closing the distance and move to ocean side California xD, any body close to ocean side by the way?

*hugs* It sucks having to say goodbye, but you're in the home stretch!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

LoveJ and I were talking about this last night.

There is something just a little extra powerful about those last second hugs and kisses just before you have to separate again for a while, don't you think? Those moments when the reality of the fact that you have to turn around and walk towards the plane for another indefinite period of time start to really sink in, you really REALLY appreciate those last lingering feelings and moments of closeness and the full on connection that both of you feel, knowing that it's all you'll get for a little while.

There is also something good about going home for a while, and it's that you have time to fully process and think back on all of the memories that you just made. When you're in the moment of just being together, you don't fully grasp all of the details of everything that is going on around you because you are so focused on just being with them, right? Going home gives you the opportunity to really look back and focus on all of those little details and to draw on them for strength when times get hard. (The flipside of that is that sometimes looking back on those memories and the way it felt being together, and the vividness of the memory, can make you miss them more, because you can perfectly visualize what it is that you feel like you need more than anything in the world.... only you can't have it right then.)

Walking away from each other is the hardest thing in the world and I absolutely hate it. I hate the distance with a passion. There are times, especially when she is hurting or feels alone, or anything like that, where I want to just put on my running shoes and take off in her direction. But I just can't. On the bad days, I just want to get in the car and drive as fast as I can towards her, but that would take 1 day and 19 hours of driving, even at full throttle. It's a very deflating feeling knowing that you can't physically be there for the person that you love most in the world, despite how badly you long for it or need it. It hurts and it sucks.

But, it also makes those times when you can finally wrap your arms around each other again incredibly powerful and fulfilling. It's like those hugs and first-time-again-kisses are earned. And because you both share in the distance and the hurt every day, it also means that those overwhelming feelings of relief and just sheer joy are also shared on a level that can't be had from people who live life together every single day. I mean, how many times have you under-appreciated a hug from someone that you see all the time? It happens every day. But in a LDR, that doesn't happen. Every second with your SO is absolutely cherished and adored.

So keep adoring the time that you have together and start planning your next visit. Having the knowledge about when the next time is that you will see each other can really help to ease the uncertainty and it will also give you guys something to look forward to.

BTW, LoveJ gets in here in T-minus 3 days!
      I'm as giddy as a nerd at a Star Trek convention

Comment

I live literally two minutes from the ocean. I can see why you got so excited about it. My SO isn't in a landlocked state but he's pretty far from any ocean. Keep up hope sweetie! The distance is hard, but we'll always be here to support you!
        And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

My family on my father's side used to live in Oceanside. xD I'm up further north, though...

*hugs* to you though. Leaving is so incredibly hard regardless of when, where, and how it's done. <3
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

LoveL your post made me almost cry you described it soo good!!!

When I imagine seeing my SO this summer I feel SOOO happy!I will be in heaven!! But then I'm thinking about saying bye again and my tears are coming immediately! I don't know if we will ever close the distance and when.. so that every visit will make it harder..

But YOU know that you will close the distance soon, so be HAPPY! Just enjoy the time you have with your SO and the time when you're alone.. time will fly bye

Comment

Sounds you had a amazing time! Hold on to the positive! I know it's hard sometimes, but enjoy the feeling that you are in love!!
              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

LoveL, your post ACTUALLY made me cry.

Just like lala, even just imagining having to leave is so painful. x_x

Comment

Originally posted by LoveL View Post
                  LoveJ and I were talking about this last night.

There is something just a little extra powerful about those last second hugs and kisses just before you have to separate again for a while, don't you think? Those moments when the reality of the fact that you have to turn around and walk towards the plane for another indefinite period of time start to really sink in, you really REALLY appreciate those last lingering feelings and moments of closeness and the full on connection that both of you feel, knowing that it's all you'll get for a little while.

There is also something good about going home for a while, and it's that you have time to fully process and think back on all of the memories that you just made. When you're in the moment of just being together, you don't fully grasp all of the details of everything that is going on around you because you are so focused on just being with them, right? Going home gives you the opportunity to really look back and focus on all of those little details and to draw on them for strength when times get hard. (The flipside of that is that sometimes looking back on those memories and the way it felt being together, and the vividness of the memory, can make you miss them more, because you can perfectly visualize what it is that you feel like you need more than anything in the world.... only you can't have it right then.)

Walking away from each other is the hardest thing in the world and I absolutely hate it. I hate the distance with a passion. There are times, especially when she is hurting or feels alone, or anything like that, where I want to just put on my running shoes and take off in her direction. But I just can't. On the bad days, I just want to get in the car and drive as fast as I can towards her, but that would take 1 day and 19 hours of driving, even at full throttle. It's a very deflating feeling knowing that you can't physically be there for the person that you love most in the world, despite how badly you long for it or need it. It hurts and it sucks.

But, it also makes those times when you can finally wrap your arms around each other again incredibly powerful and fulfilling. It's like those hugs and first-time-again-kisses are earned. And because you both share in the distance and the hurt every day, it also means that those overwhelming feelings of relief and just sheer joy are also shared on a level that can't be had from people who live life together every single day. I mean, how many times have you under-appreciated a hug from someone that you see all the time? It happens every day. But in a LDR, that doesn't happen. Every second with your SO is absolutely cherished and adored.

So keep adoring the time that you have together and start planning your next visit. Having the knowledge about when the next time is that you will see each other can really help to ease the uncertainty and it will also give you guys something to look forward to.

BTW, LoveJ gets in here in T-minus 3 days!
                  I'm as giddy as a nerd at a Star Trek convention
                  almost made me cry too, but im holding my tears n emotions as much as i can so i can enjoy more that i finally got to be with him after over a year of not seeing each other n knowing that this time hopefully everything come up great so we can once n for all start the forever together life =D
                  like my love told me, i should be even more happy that i visit him, kos that's how he feels n the whole trip to japan was a one time remarkable experience in my life n he made it possible for me, yeeeey i love him!

Comment

can't waitttttttt to see my girl! This comment made me smile!! Thank you!

Comment

We all know the feeling. But you're almost done with this! Chin up!

Comment

Aww, sorry. It never seems to get easier...
                        sigpic
                        Not to get clever
                        but with you I see forever
                        But whatever it is,
                        Here's to you,
                        I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
                        X