No announcement yet.

How would your life be different...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have no boyfriend at all, I guess! I would maybe have gone in a short relationship with my best friend which would be very likely to fail because we have very different ideas for life and our moral is TOO different. I would be more dependent on my parents... would have never thought of travelling alone as I did to visit him, or any things of sorts.

Oh and I would be a mess for organizing my time. It's thanks to him that I learn how to work well, fast and efficiently so I could talk to him every night.

Sounds like a drastic change for just one year of a relationship... but some events just come in the right moment to make a change, don't they?

Comment

Nothing would be the same. The thought of not having my SO in my life makes me cringe. It's crazy, actually, all the things that happened that made our meeting so fortuitous. If I hadn't studied in Ireland, if I hadn't decided to switch lunch lines, if he hadn't decided to go there with his best friend, if I hadn't, at the last moment, decided to join him at his table...God, the thoughts. If I didn't have my SO, I'd still be single, most likely, and pining after a seminarian I never would have had. I'd still think college was everything, and have vague plans about my future. I'd be hoping for the perfect guy, some tall, dark, and handsome Darcyish figure, and I wouldn't have had a real kiss yet. I wouldn't have become a woman, or be returning to Ireland in the summer. I wouldn't have a clue when or to whom I was getting married. I wouldn't be as complete, fulfilled, or happy as I am now. I wouldn't have known love is so much more than you dream, when you're with the love of your life. I wouldn't have known, I would have known.

If Stephen was not in my life, I don't know what I would do. I love him with everything I possess.
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Honestly,

I think i'd still be with my ex, living a life so boring it's killing me slowly. I'd have passed my driving test and more than likely have a car of my own (i couldnt afford to keep going with it when we split). I'd be cruising the same apps on facebook i used to so men would tell me i'm pretty/sexy so i'd feel wanted. I'd be drinking alot at weekends and more than likely smoking. I'd still be taking anti depressants and at night instead of sleeping i'd be wondering if this was it for me? was this how life was supposed to be?

Fuck thats depressing.... but thankfully it has zero chance of happening...although it would be cool to be driving.
        As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

I´d be taking the single life a little bit too seriously, if you know what I mean

But I wouldn´t be happy about it. I wouldn´t be doing anything with my life, I would have no plans or dreams. Miguel kind of gave me inspiration. I´d still have a minimum wage job that I hated (I got fired because I stopped showing up in order to go visit him. NO regrets what so ever.) I would basically be surviving day to day, not living.

And my morals would be all over the place. Miguel has become my voice of reason, and sense. I do crazy things when I´m having a negative episode, and not all of them are healthy... I was one of those really smart kids in grade 9 that fell of the wagon because I got in with the wrong crowd of people. Miguel is helping me to fix my past. Without him, I´d have given up trying to find the good side of me again.

I have such a sad existance LOL.

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
          \

Comment

I'd be completely engrossed in my career with likely no time or desire to be in a relationship. And likely, very lonely. This was basically where I was at before I met my SO, but I really feel like he changed all that for me. As far as where I'd be living...that's up in the air. After years spent abroad, I decided to return to the place I grew up, NYC, because it felt like there were the most job opportunities here and I could make decent money. I might have decided to go back to Europe though. Having met my SO, I feel like going back to Europe would just be putting more distance between us, so I'm staying put here. Right now I am just staying focused on our future plans which entail me moving to be with him.

Comment

I don't think I would have gotten through a bad experience I had with the family I lived with during my first semester last year. My GF really kept me going, especially near the end before I moved out.

I also would have probably transferred back home to study. Meaning I wouldn't be able to save like I can in Melbourne, meaning no visits to my GF.

Also, I wouldn't what I have like I do now. Learning about my girls experiences in life has put my life into perspective (somewhat).

Comment

If I hadn't met my SO, that would mean that I probably would have graduated from college in 4 years (I took 5). Which means I wouldn't have met his family, which means I wouldn't have found God. I would have graduated in May 2010, single, hopefully with a job offer (I did have an internship with the company I work for now that summer). I might have ended up here in Texas, but I know that I wouldn't have met the people that I have the past two years. More importantly, I would not know the love that God has for me.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I would probably still be with my boyfriend of 3 1/2 years (would be 4)....I'm not sure how I feel about that because even as a friend, he's gotten a lot worse with his anger issues.
                  I'm still on the fence about that.
                  And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

If I'd never met my SO, I'd be in a very dark and self-destructive place right now. He didn't just change my life, he saved it. Really.

Comment

I would probably still studying like I am right now, but just without this motivation to finish as fast as I can. I would probably still dating this weird guy who didn't deserve me!! Plus I would be depressive as I hate being where I am and just hating everyone.. But my SO give me strenght and show me what love is. He is supportive and make me feel so much better.. he is my angel (although he is calling me his angel) <3

Comment

I think that my life would be just as good as it is now just in a very different if I hadn't met my SO.

I would probably be teaching right now instead of not having a job so I have visit my fiance for longer amounts of time.
                        I would definitely not be planning a wedding. I wouldn't be applying for a job in England so that I can be close to him.

I would probably still be single and wondering why boys just don't seem to like me. I wouldn't be working out and trying to eat better. I would probably still be smoking.

It seems like a lot of small differences, but I know my life would be completely different. It's amazing how just one person can change your life so much.
                        "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                        Made it official: September 17, 2010
                        Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                        Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                        Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                        Got married: November 21, 2012
                        Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                        Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Maybe, I'm the only one but I don't think my life would be all that different if my SO wasn't in it. I'd probably never have visited the Thousand islands, or Rochester or Florida. But that's about it. I would most likely be where I am now, working my ass off at my job, trying to find a new one. I'd probably go out more often if only to try and find someone to date if I was single.
                          I do that
                          It's not that my SO hasn't made a giant difference in my life, because he has, it's just I'd do the same things without him and I've done with him.
                          "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Originally posted by Rugger View Post
                            Maybe, I'm the only one but I don't think my life would be all that different if my SO wasn't in it. I'd probably never have visited the Thousand islands, or Rochester or Florida. But that's about it. I would most likely be where I am now, working my ass off at my job, trying to find a new one. I'd probably go out more often if only to try and find someone to date if I was single.
                            I do that
                            It's not that my SO hasn't made a giant difference in my life, because he has, it's just I'd do the same things without him and I've done with him.
                            Nope, I'm pretty much in the same boat. :P

Like I said, he lit the fire to challenge me to do something for me, but that was a change that was occurring anyway; it was simply mine and my boyfriend's situation that sped that up a bit.

I mean of course he's made an impact, and I know I have in his life as well. I'm not sure how drastically different our lives would have been had we not met each other, though. :/ We're both pretty motivated, ambitious people and even if I'm slower on some traits (assertion being one of them) than him, I generally tend to keep moving in whatever direction I'm headed or need to be headed. I would still be in school, working towards my degree, holding the same job I am now. He would still be going through the motions of his own life, inspired to go back to school, etc. I don't like to imagine a life without my SO, but no, you're not the only one who had trouble deciding how anything would have really been different. >_<
                            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                            Met online: February 2009
                            Feelings confessed: December 2010
                            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                            to be continued...

Comment

If I hadn't met my SO, I would have either met someone else in the UK, (probably irregardless of how I met them, have a boyfriend or still be on a dating site having fun with that).
                              If I had met someone (else) in the UK and we were as serious as my SO and I are now, I would probably be doing the same thing (or I might be over there and married, who knows). If I was not with someone from the UK, I'd probably be in grad school in the US (if I felt like I had enough time last year to apply). If I had still not gone to grad school, I'd probably still be doing the same thing I'm doing now. (Realizing school is too expensive but trying to work it out and working.)

Comment

My SO and I have been together for so long, I don't really know where I would be today without him. Probably living at home with my parents, working and getting ready for grad school in the fall. I'd probably have a lot more money saved, haha! I also don't think I'd be trying so hard to move abroad after my program ends. I have always wanted to move abroad, but after spending a semester abroad in I realized that while I could move abroad alone and thrive, I don't really want to do it without a partner by my side. Luckily, he wants the same thing so I am pursuing a career abroad fanatically.

Comment

Working...
                                X