What gives you butterflies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gives you butterflies?

Since I'm sure most of us are currently STILL miles and miles away from our SO, we have to rely on the imagination. There's always memories or hopes for the future that give us butterflies in our stomach and make us blush to ourselves (or out in public)

So what are yours?

(Mine is the conversation my SO and I had about how I want to be more physically bold (not even sexually) and he said that next time he sees me he's going to approach me completely platonically until I make a move. He's challenging me to be bold and make my move, which I think is kind of cool and makes my mind rush with what I should do first )
    And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

I have a couple... our first date, the first kiss. I'm not joking, my knees went to jelly because of that kiss. (That's when I knew I was doomed, lol) The look on his face right when he came to get me from my seat before he did my lavaliere ceremony. The look on his face the first time he told me he loved me (just a few minutes later).

And one of the ones that keeps coming up in my dreams: our wedding night. (Nope. not married. not officially engaged either.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

aaaw that's sweet. What gives me butterflies are all those special moments with my SO. For example when we had our first dvd session, or our first kiss.. just like every moment spent with him. He also once wrote me that next time he sees me he wants to please my mind, body and soul and I'm sure he will.. he is just amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
        I have a couple... our first date, the first kiss. I'm not joking, my knees went to jelly because of that kiss. (That's when I knew I was doomed, lol)
        Oh I totally know how you feel. My first kiss was wonderful, even though my mouth had gotten so dry from nervousness It was still one moment I love to remember

Comment

1st time i saw him face to face at the airport.
          YES exactly! Jelly knees! hahaha!
          Ahh.... He did cast a spell on me alright.

I think every time I hear him say: 'I love you' I get weak in the knees.
          When he's smiling, I'm completely lost and he could ask anything I'd just stand there and drool :P
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
            When he's smiling, I'm completely lost and he could ask anything I'd just stand there and drool :P
            made me lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRoseOpal View Post
              made me lol
              me too.

Comment

Anytime he looks at me... those eyes. And when he smiles - I just want to hug him and never let him go.

Comment

When we are sleeping together, in the morning, he'll kiss me on the head when he's half asleep and pull me closer to him.
                  "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

When he says my name - something which happens much less often than you might think! What makes my heart skip a beat is when he whispers it at night, when it's just the two of us. Oh, the way he rolls every syllable...

Comment

this thread is officially made of: ' AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW' !!!!
                      ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Originally posted by Softy View Post
                        this thread is officially made of: ' AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW' !!!!
                        I know right? One of the few threads that I love coming back to to read responses.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRoseOpal View Post
                          I know right? One of the few threads that I love coming back to to read responses.
                          Agreed. This thread makes me smile.

Comment

I absolutely love love LOVE this thread! Great idea BlackRoseOpal!

Oh so many moments...first off, when I think of kissing him again, my heart does flips. Our first kiss--it was so sweet, and it was my first real one--and I'll never forget that look in his eyes. I love when he calls me "baby goose." The way he says "heart" with his Irish lilt. Oh, and when he puts on his glasses--I swear to God I can feel my heart melting. When he pulls me close, half-asleep, in the mornings...his sleepy face. The way his eyes go soft when he looks at me. The way he unconsciously murmurs, "Look at you" when he thinks I look sexy. I love the way cerulean looks on him.

Umm, is it cheating to say everything? :P I mean, he's Irish people!!!! :P
                            "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I remember when we were sleeping, he woke up suddenly said "Oh baby you are cold!" and he grabs a bunch of the blankets, wraps it around me, pulls me close to his chest and rubs my arms softly. The smile that grew across my face was involuntary (:
                              Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Working...
                              X