What gives you butterflies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
    I absolutely love love LOVE this thread! Great idea BlackRoseOpal! Umm, is it cheating to say everything? :P I mean, he's Irish people!!!! :P
    No, it's not cheating at all. I happen to have a thing for Scottish and Irish looks and acts.
    *cough cough, red hair*
    <------------------ as you can tell ^_^

and thank you
    And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

If I go somewhere else during sex (I have been diagnosed with PTSD in the past. Though it's not as bad now, I occasionally dissociate during sex, experience panic attacks, or crying spells), the way he'll hold me to his chest and kiss my forehead and bring me back by whispering sweet nothings.

The way when he's half-asleep, he'll murmur that he loves me and when I say it back, he murmurs "yay" with a big, sleep-doofy grin. The way he always says "no" and pulls me closer when I try to roll away for sleep, even if I get away eventually.

The intense love, care, and respect that I see reflected in his eyes.

The way he embraces my eccentricities and odd ways of speaking and mannerisms.

His kisses take my breath away...

Being around him in general leaves me feeling safe and comfortable and like where I'm meant to belong. The constant happy glow in his presence, the ignition of sparks on my lips and skin when he kisses and touches me, simply everything about him leaves me happy and speechless and caught in this ever-swirling state of butterflies that carry me up, up, and away to good ol' Cloud 9.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Oh, and of course, his Irish accent. <3 Especially when he's speaking to other Irish people.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Our "midnight kisses" as we like to call them. When ever one of us wakes up in the middle of the night, we always give the other a kiss. Not necessarily on the lips, maybe on the cheek, shoulder, whatever. I love it

Comment

I want to edit some special moments which made me have butterflies:

- when he takes my hand while we stand with some friends on a party or are in the mall and kiss it,like it's totally normal..
          - when he gives me kisses on my forehead
          - when we snuggle in bed and he wrapps his arms around me like someone wants to steal me away from him
          - the kisses and his smile when we wake up together and his "good morning beautiful, how was your sleep?"

Comment

I have a couple as well: the first time I saw him in person August 2011, our first kiss about an hour later, when he tells me he loves me, when we're together and he kisses me goodnight and again before he goes to work in the morning. I'm getting butterflies right now just relieving the moments we've shared together. lol

Comment

To be totally honest I got butterflies from just holding his hand, he noticed my nervous habit of playing with my hands and he just reached out and took my hand outta no where and I thought my heart was gonna explode! Also the first hug, he just pulled me so close and held me tightly like he was afraid I was going to just disappear or something, of course I was hugging him back with the same ferocity

Actually, ya know what any kind of contact with him gives me butterflies, resting his head in my lap, me leaning into his chest, just being curled up into his arms. I swear just the slightest touch and my heart races a thousand miles a minute.

Notes:
              Met: 8.17.09
              Started Dating: 8.20.09
              First Met: 10.2.10
              Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

The times she tells me how I embody the things she loves in a man. That gets to my soul.

Comment

The way he looks at me while we're Skyping. It's like he's taking in every detail he possibly can. And when we're done, he always sends a text saying "muah". Sigh... And of course, anytime I get to thinking about us meeting (15 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) The butterflies wreak havoc in my stomach!
                  "She is motivated by love. The world moves for love - it kneels before it in awe."

Comment

Ahh so many!

- The first time we met of course, which was during a severe rainstorm so that was somehow kind of romantic.
                    - Our first kiss, which was in the middle of a field during a bright sunny day in March next to three horses. Very country, very romantic.
                    - The first time he told me he loved me.
                    - Slowdancing at his cousin's wedding.
                    - The first time I really saw him and my handicapped brother bonding. Now everytime my brother sees my SO, my brother's face lights up and he gives him a big hug. My brother is the most important person in the world to me and the fact that my SO accepts him so much (which is actually pretty rare I've found) and loves him gives me butterflies.
                    - Our entire Prom.
                    - When I saw him at the airport for the first time after we became LDR and he looked so excited and happy.
                    - When we went to my local state park in NJ and hiked to the top of the mountain and looked at miles upon miles of countryside. Then he brought me to the lake in the state park and told me that he thought I was The One.
                    - When we went to New York City and just sat in Central Park holding each other.

I could go on and on!

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

When we're in the car and he's driving, the way he ALWAYS has his arm around the back of my seat or on my shoulder. It makes me feel so safe and attended to, like he's holding on to me, even though I obviously can't go anywhere when we're in a moving vehicle....it feels more intimate than just holding hands, too. I really don't know how to explain it, but there's just something about that added sense of physical closeness, and the way that he wants to make himself that much closer to me, that just gets my insides fluttering. I'm also very impressed with his ability to navigate everything from highways to busy city roads with just one hand...

And like meganrey said - the way he looks at me when we're on Skype, like he's just drinking in the sight of me.

Also, the memory of our most recent first kiss, from our last meeting. Soooo nice.

Comment

My lover's voice is so hot that every time i melt like butter on pancakes!
                        So bad that I play vocal messages in loops on my phone so I can melt again and again and i go 'awwwwwww hes so hot!'.
                        Then I have that silly smile on my face for hours and hours~!
                        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Reading al these replies give me butterflies ^_^ People that are in love are adorable!!
                          \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                          \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                          \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Ooooh, so many things.

When she's standing behind me and just wraps her arms around me.
                            The way she holds me when I'm upset and kisses my forehead and makes me feel safe.
                            How her kisses take my breathe away.
                            Holding her hand.
                            The emails she sends me when she's in a supersappy mood that just make me feel so loved and cared for and safe.

Really, though, I love everything about her. <3

Comment

Everything.
                              Everything he does gives me butterflies.
                              I see him on Skype every day and I still get the flutters every time it turns on. I watch old videos of him and us and it still makes me squee. I'll open Facebook and my breath gets caught in my throat just seeing pictures of him on there. When I see him at the airport and finally get to hug and kiss him again, I feel like all those butterflies are getting ready to bust out. Even something as simple as hearing his voice on the other end of the line and how he sounds when he says, "I love you" makes me felt and turns all those butterflies into a gooey puddle.
                              I just love the shit out of my baby.

Comment

When he was here, most nights he'd be asleep and I'd be the one awake. Minus one occasion. I was fast asleep, but woke up in the middle of the night with him batting his eyelashes on my back and trying everything possible to wake me up. He succeeded and we just kissed for awhile.

Another moment is when we went to the mall, we had to cut the trip short, because I was getting sick. He let me sit down on a bench, put my head in his lap for awhile and then when I was ready to leave, the whole car ride home, my head was in his lap while he moved my hair out of my face and he just took really good care of me, the whole time.

The day he left. We went into an antique shop downtown because we got to the bus station an hour early to have more time together. We danced in the back of the antique shop. It felt very 50sish and it is a moment that no one will ever be able to replace. We went to this candy store that's down there and he got me a mood ring and said "It's about time I finally got you a ring". He also almost got on the wrong bus. I cried really hard when he was about to leave. Then, I heard the lady that was at the bus stop say "Are you Northbound or Southbound?" and it was the South bound bus so it wasn't even the right bus. While I was in the bus station, he opened up the bus station door, stared at me and said "I'm not leaving yet" or something like that. I just remember being so happy he was not leaving yet.

Ah, everything about his last visit was so perfect, even though I got sick! He took care of me. Definitely that whole week was full of butterflies.
                                candi ❤ austin
                                ღ5.11.2011ღ
                                ❤ First Meeting [Texas] 2.17.2012 - 2.23.2012 ❤
                                ❤ Second Visit [Wisconsin] 4.23.2012 - 4.30.2012 ❤
                                ❤ Got Engaged 5.11.2012 ❤
                                ❤ Closed The Distance June 24th, 2012 ❤
                                [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                                X