mood changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mood changes

I wanted to hear if there are people who feel the same.

Well recently I've started with the pill, so I can't say if this is the reason I feel like this.
    The last couple of day I'm annoyed by everyone. I just HATE everything, except of friends and my SO I can't talk to my parents or my sister (with whom I'm living together)..they just annoy me, doesn't matter what they say. We live in a small appartment and I share a room with my sister, so that there is not much privacy for me. In addition my sister's bf is here which makes me miss my SO even more ...

however, I wanted to hear if someone of you feel the same on some days? And what are you doing to have a better mood?
    Tonight, I will go out for some drinks with my best friend and hope to feel better afterwards..but I doubt it! -.-

Might be the pill, might be just stress and/or pressure from recent events?
    Goin out with friends and talk it out is a good thing to do

My relaxing thing to do is a warm bubble bath! Soft n calming music.
    I just chill in there until i become wrinkly :P

Maybe you can just find things that calms you down?
    Well and if its the pill, see if u can try a different kind.
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

well actually there is no stress or pressure.. it's just that I can't stand anybody at the moment lol and I don't know how I can tell if it's because of the pill.. hmm
      but yeah I can try the relaxing music,sounds good!thank you

Comment

As far as I know mood swings can be a side effect of the pill due to the hormones it contains. I think there's a good chance that could be at the bottom of how you're feeling since you've just started taking it, and you can't think of any other contributory factors. Any side effects should settle down after the first few packs, but if not, go back to see your doctor. Perhaps you might need to switch to a different brand

ETA: I'm by no means any authority on medical matters, so really, if you're concerned it'd be best to speak to your healthcare provider.

Comment

Same disclaimer as lademoiselle: I'm not a healthcare expert in any way. These are just my personal experiences.

When I first started taking the pill, I had really bad mood swings. I could cry at the drop of a hat. I got frustrated easily. After about a month or so, things started to get a lot better. From my experience, it could be the pill. When my mood would change suddenly, I would just go shut myself away in my room until it passed. Sometimes taking a hot shower would help. A nap usually helped because I noticed that it always seemed worse when I hadn't gotten enough sleep. I hope any of these things helps you.
          "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
          Made it official: September 17, 2010
          Got engaged: January 15, 2012
          Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
          Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
          Got married: November 21, 2012
          Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
          Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Prior to the pill I'm on now, the pill they put me on gave me horrible, horrible, horrible mood swings. I'm not sure if it was the pill or because they neglected to consider the other medication I was on (which BC can/does lower the effectiveness of), but either way, the mood swings went on for months, and so I switched pills. When they put me on the pill I'm on now, I didn't have any side effects whatsoever, but I was advised to wait out any side effects for a month or two because the pill would need time to "settle." Depending on how recently it started, I'd give it a month or so to let your system get used to the new hormones you've added to your body, but if the irritability and mood swings continue beyond that, I'd consider calling your doctor. It might even be worth it to speak with your doctor now about how you've been experiencing these swings and were wondering how long you should wait them out before considering a different pill.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by princessmeg1328 View Post
              Same disclaimer as lademoiselle: I'm not a healthcare expert in any way. These are just my personal experiences.

When I first started taking the pill, I had really bad mood swings. I could cry at the drop of a hat. I got frustrated easily. After about a month or so, things started to get a lot better. From my experience, it could be the pill. When my mood would change suddenly, I would just go shut myself away in my room until it passed. Sometimes taking a hot shower would help. A nap usually helped because I noticed that it always seemed worse when I hadn't gotten enough sleep. I hope any of these things helps you.
              hmm you are right! I'm not sleeping good the last days.. and taking a nap is impossible as I'm living with my family together and I have no room for myself -.-
              I started to taking the pill a month ago and then my breats ached.. now on my second blister I'm fine.. like you all said, I will wait 1-2 more months and if it's not getting better I will have to talk to my doctor.

Comment

When I was on the pill (and the shot) I felt pretty batshit crazy honestly. I've mellowed out a lot since its worn off, but I had really extreme mood swings. It helps if you remind yourself that it's the pill, whether it is or not, blaming it on something else helped me for awhile xD

Comment

Working...
                X