Oh those torturous goodbyes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh those torturous goodbyes.

I'm just really feeling especially sad today as it's the first without him. I just spent the best week of my life with my love and now I'm home...alone.

I really shouldn't be too upset seeing as how the next time we see each other we'll be getting married. Tim has his visa interview on the 17th so we'll really know our fate then. But as much as I'm trying to stay positive, there's a cloud over it all...I don't want to get my hopes up.

It was so much harder saying goodbye this time around...so much harder. He stayed at the airport with me until absolutely the last minute...we had breakfast together and never let each other go. But then the time inevitably came. He wrapped me in his arms and I couldn't stop crying. That happened twice. Then I composed myself a bit...told each other we were going to be fine. At the most it will be 4 months 'til we see each other again - and close the distance. Even with that, when I let go of his hand and saw his teary eyes I felt my heart was being ripped from my chest. It was the most painful feeling letting go. And I couldn't look back. I couldn't even properly say I loved him...it was torture. I cried the 9 hours home. I'm crying now...

I just had to air my feelings to people who truly understand the kind of pain we go through. How do you get over the post-visit blues?

Met: November 19, 2010
    Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
    Made it official: April 29, 2011
    Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
    Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
    Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
    K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
    Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
    Got married: September 22, 2012

I've learned to keep busy post-visit. I do crafts and spend A LOT of time with my friends to keep my mind occupied.
    "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

Ugh, the lonely plane ride home is the worst. I normally hide sadness very well, but post-visit, it's like my tear ducts are on a hair-trigger =l.

We've had about 6 visits so far and the next one is coming up quick. I'm going to try leaving a note behind for him when I leave, and hopefully I can feel like part of me is still with him. Definitely try to keep yourself busy and spending some quality time with family or friends seems to take the edge off a little.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Saying goodbye to my girlfriend in the airport was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I came home and cried for hours and hours. My flatmate, who is also in an LDR, says the first time is the hardest, and that it should be a little easier in the future. I certainly hope so. :/

Comment

Ugh, I know the feeling. :/ I just left my SO yesterday and of course I cried. I'm really sensitive so I cry really easily. To be honest, I'm not even sure why I cried so much, and why I'm still so upset about it, I'm gonna see him again in a month. But just the feeling of saying hello and goodbye and then doing it all over again kills me. It's so emotionally exhausting. I just keep myself busy with my school work. My semester is over in about 3 weeks so finals and all of the last projects I need to do before it's over will keep me busy until then.

Comment

I have had two visits and both were gut wrenching, but I would say that the second time was harder. :/ I'm guessing because I watched him leave. I used to believe it was harder leaving than watching them leave, but it's a lot harder coming back to an empty house than to a familiar one (in the event you're leaving them). I generally try and keep as busy as possible, spend a lot of time with my family. I watch a lot of movies and TV. I try to avoid quieter activities like reading, bubble baths, etc. though they really do work for some people. I simply need something to keep me out and about and keep my mind off the sad.
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

I definitely think it's harder when you see them leave that being that one that leaves. I mean, it's hard both ways but when I dropped him off at the airport the first time, I was a mess for 3 days. Everything in my house reminded me of him. At least the last few visits I've been able to visit him instead.

I agree that keeping busy is really the only way to cope. I went to the gym, which helped immensely. I'll take my pups out for a walk. Do a bit of laundry and get ready for work tomorrow.

Met: November 19, 2010
              Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
              Made it official: April 29, 2011
              Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
              Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
              Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
              K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
              Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
              Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Working...
              X