No announcement yet.

Longest time you spent without seeing your partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longest amount of time between visits has been about 6 months.
    (Well, we broke up and didn't see each other for 4 years...but you know...)
    Last edited by Pixel; April 10, 2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

It will be 6 months next week. He will be here soon and we'll be closing the distance at least for a year.

Comment

Our longest gap between visits was almost three months.
        My heart belongs to a pilot!
        ~*~
        ~*~
        [/center]

Comment

6 months. Now we have a 4 month wait which seems really manageable after the 6 month stretch. Reason was mainly financial, and the fact that both of us have really limited holiday time.
          Si tu n'etais pas la
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Je ne connaitrais pas
          Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
          Quand je suis dans tes bras
          Mon coeur joyeux se livre
          Comment pourrais-je vivre
          Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
          Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

Comment

We said we would give an ldr a try in early Dec and then met Feb 15...so that was 3 months,but if that doesn't count then the longest we will be apart is 2 months. Today makes a week since we said goodbye and every day has been a month. I can't wait for June!

Comment

4 months between July 15 2010-November 20 2010. Longest four months of my life!! Now we average about 10 days between visits

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Longest will be this time around. By the time I see him again it will be almost exactly one year since I last was there with him! The reasons are mostly financial. Including the fact that the most convenient flight for me is Vancouver - Manchester which only operates direct nonstop flights from May to October so I decided to take full advantage of it this time and am spending a little over 3 months with him this summer. I was going to try and go over there earlier this year for his birthday in March but wasn't able to save enough finances since things kept coming up that I had to spend money on and then it's also quite a bit more since I'd have to fly into London which is quite a bit further away from his house. So yeah... mostly financial reasons keeping us from being together as often, and I can't wait for the next 2 months, 6 days to fly by..

Comment

16 years for me, 19 years for him :P. After we started dating though, our longest time apart was March-October 2011. Those were the first 7 months of our relationship, from when we first started dating to our very first visit.

This year will be a lot better: 4 months (October-February 2012. February was so lovely :3), 5 months (2 months down, 3 to go!) and then only 2 months.

Comment

Three months for us, so not too bad

Comment

7 months and 10 days from first visit to next visit, im hoping that will be the longest.

But if you count from when we started our relationship will we met.. thats 11 months.
                      Last edited by leonsfangirl; April 11, 2012, 08:58 AM.
                      As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Originally posted by alesitag View Post
                        30 years...
                        This made me giggle.

Comment

The longest so far has been only a month. Starting in June, I'll be in China for 2 years with no visits home... We're planning on his visiting me, but due to finances that will probably only happen once. This is going to be a looong two years...

Comment

I'm pretty lucky. The longest we ever went without seeing each other was about three and a half months. The average time between visits when I was away at school was about six weeks to two months. Glad we were able to close the distance!

Comment

We're very lucky, especially since we're international. The longest we've ever gone without seeing each other is about 4.5 months. The longest time we'll probably be apart is right before the wedding. It'll be about a 6 month wait then.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Looks like we've been one of the lucky ones as well. Even though it was torture for us, we only had to wait 4 months once due to school (and money, I suppose). Apart from that, we usually had to wait 2-3 months. Granted, we were only LD for a year until he moved to be with me

Comment

Working...
                                X