No announcement yet.

More parents issues. Advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A ton of great advice has already been shared here so I can't elaborate too much but when I first met my SO my father was very upset. "That's serial killer shit, Katelyn". The only thing that I thought helped and it seems like a pain was that I gave them Dylan's name, birthdate, address, and phone number to my father, mother, sister and Aunt. That way, IF anything had happened, at least they knew who he was and where I was. (I also gave them the name of the hotel where I was staying). I told them I would call every night and I did. I think that's the most important thing, is no matter how childish/dramatic the family seems to be acting, you have to stay level-headed and mature. That way when you come back and all is fine, they have nothing to throw in your face, if they are the kind to do that (Speculation only, no offense meant.) My sister is an I-Told-You-So kind of person, so since I told her I would text when I got in, I would call every night and I would text again when I was home, I did it. I didn't miss a phone call or a text so there was nothing to be said. I hope that helps. Just follow through when you tell them you'll do something. Not only is it the adult thing to do, it shows them you can be responsible. My mom now wants me to text when I get to SO's apt when I visit and when he gets back home after he comes here. She hasn't forgotten, she's just let up now that she knows I'm responsible.

And I second what everyone else said about being careful and moving out if you can. Dylan and I just made budgets for ourselves, but if you need any help, I'd be happy to, even though there's tons of resources online

Hang in there!
    My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
    It's just me and you
    Put the pedal to the metal
    Baby, turn the radio on
    We can run to the far side of nowhere
    We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

Working...
    X