One year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One year!

I just wanted to share with you guys that today is my first eyar with my SO. I'm pretty glad even if i'm in freaking finals and I have plenty of homework and he can't really come these dates. I know I won't be able to see him but just to think of all of what I've learnt and grown in just a year thanks to him seems priceless, and in spite of the distance I've been really happy with him. I hope it all keeps on working fine! One year being long distance... now four or five more... seems a lot but I believe now that it is possible. This year went by really fast! (time flies when you're at school...ahem... silly semesters).

He has not received the letter I sent him yet but I hoping he will one of these days. I sent him a drawing too and a few pictures. I am not a present buyer but a present maker :P

Seems like yesterday when we were CD, still friends, and he began telling me a beautiful story written by himself; telling a part every date we had and in the end asked me if I would be his girlfriend. Those times... Some things have changed, others have stayed the same but it's all been for good. I am still very young and have a lot to learn but I feel I'm getting better. I've been proving to many people around that LDR is possible, nobody of my friends at school expected me to last more than a few months. Besides...is it me or it is becoming easier? I mean, I do miss him a lot but it no longer feels like the world comes down.

Plus, I do believe joining LFAD helped me, just seeing people in the same situation makes me feel I'm not alone. Plus talking to people who understand me is just great.

So just wanted to share...I've seen a lot of sad posts recently and I wanted to share some happiness I like reading anniversary posts because they give me hopes, so I am hoping I can be one to spread happiness this time!

That's so sweet, congratulations! LFAD is so great indeed, you're definitely not alone. I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
      LFAD is so great indeed, you're definitely not alone.
      Agreed! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora View Post

Plus, I do believe joining LFAD helped me, just seeing people in the same situation makes me feel I'm not alone. Plus talking to people who understand me is just great.
          Congrats! And I totally feel you. I have only been a member a few days and am feeling a huge amount of support here plus reading other threads has helped me get more insight and understanding to making a LDR thrive.

Comment

It's always great knowing you do not stand alone, it's like you have less weight on your shoulders.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Congratulations!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Aw, big congratulations to you both. Must be such a great feeling to know you have made it through another year, and that you're another year closer to closing the distance!

Comment

Yay! Congratulations on one year!

Comment

Awesome! Getting to the first year is amazing! Congrats!! Enjoy it!

Comment

Working...
                    X