No announcement yet.

Discretion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Before meeting him in person I kept quiet.
    I did not tell anyone because I wanted to meet face to face before even considering it as a relationship.
    I was even thinking that after meeting me for the 1st time, he would then tell me he's not interested.

But seems like he does love me and I also fell for him like crazy.
    It's been a few months now, doing LDR and am now talking about my relationship with close friends and some family members.

At the moment I'd want to tell the world that I have met the most adorable and incredible man on earth
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I think I've rocketed all over the place with this one. Since I was over in Ireland when I met my SO, and I put it as "fb official" (my SO doesn't have FB--not that sort of guy) a couple of weeks after we started dating, the initial response to my relationship was like a bomb had exploded. I had SO many people asking me who he was, how we'd met, every minute detail--I think it was the general excitement of a holiday romance. :P I can't tell you how many hours I spent emailing family members, skyping friends, and explaining to random people that, yes indeed, I did have a boyfriend, and yes, I did meet an Irishman!

Interestingly enough, once I got back to the States, and we were continuing in long distance, pretty much everyone I know was initially wary. Because they haven't met him in physical time yet, it's hard to put a simple Skype face and my words into reality. I think, in an effort to please everyone, I was initially too open about every single detail of my relationship, and when family and friends didn't react the way I wanted them to, I was very hurt, and actually closed off quite a bit. I had the mentality of "Screw them! I know what we have, and they're just going to have to see that for themselves." And that's exactly what happened. (Not the screw them part! :P) In retrospect, they were simply expressing their concern and making sure I was in a relationship with someone who was kind, loving, and supportive. "Time heals all wounds" really applies here.

I've never had a problem talking about my SO with people who ask. (generally the conversation goes, "Well, how was Ireland?" "Oh, amazing! I had the time of my life, and I'm actually going back this summer!" "Awww, you're so lucky! You going back to study?" "No, actually, I fell in love, so I'm going back to visit my boyfriend over there." "Ohmigod you have an Irish boyfriend? That's like something out of a Hollywood movie!")

And I retell our story every, single time.
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I don't really talk about my SO but when I do, it is to friends and family. Usually though if an acquaintance asks I tell them he's away working on a ship and they're are usually OK with that.

Comment

Working...
        X