Tomorrow Is An Important Day For My SO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow Is An Important Day For My SO

My SO has an interview tomorrow morning that if he gets it, will put him closer to me. It won't close the distance entirely but it will put him only about 30-40 minutes away from me which sure beats 2 1/2 hours!

I feel like there is a lot riding on this job interview. If he gets it then it will be the start of talking about taking the relationship to the next level...maybe. We have been together for 7 months and haven't discussed marriage yet. But I do not believe in living with someone before marriage.

Right now he won't be coming down to see me anytime soon because of drama with his ex-wife. Basically every time he comes down here to see me, naturally he wants to see his boys and when he does, his ex wife asks him to take on the boys for the weekend. This has been fine most of the time but there was 2 months straight where he had them every single weekend while she goes out partying and gets to go out alone with her BF. Then the one time he stands up to her and says "I can't tonight, I'm having dinner with Foxie's parents" she totally flipped out on him and caused more drama by driving over to my parents house to start a fight! Me and my SO never got one weekend alone that entire 2 month span. So now he doesn't like to come down this way much. He would prefer to stick to their custody arrangement where he takes the boys back to his place. Or for me to come up and visit him but I drive a real gas gussler and it kills me financially.

Praying that he gets this job and that it pays more!

I wish nothing but success to your SO!

Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way!!

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

I hope your SO does well in the interview. I will cross my fingers and send some good luck over!

Comment

Crossing fingers, toes, legs, arms, and I could probably cross more if I'd kept up with yoga! I hope he gets the job!
        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
        Met online: February 2009
        Feelings confessed: December 2010
        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
        to be continued...

Comment

All the best!

Comment

He says he doesn't feel very positive about the interview. He said they walked in it basically saying "well we're thinking about taking Joe from inside and giving him the position but then we'd have Joe's spot open, would you bet interested in his position? He said they only asked him 3 short questions and then left it open to him to ask any questions. He had brought a list of questions but thought it was rather strange that they didn't ask him more. He said they said they would get back him tomorrow, so hoping for good news.

Comment

Hmm... Interviews are rough!
              Praying that good news comes back!!!

Comment

Sending positive thoughts for good news!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

sending more positive vibes your way

Comment

He did not get the job. He sounds pretty aggravated although he has only notified me through text. I'll talk to him tonight, I'm sure. Just trying to build him up so he doesn't feel crapped on, ya know.

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... rejection is always a disappointing thing to have to face. I hope something better comes along for him soon!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully something better comes along for him, though.
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                        Met online: February 2009
                        Feelings confessed: December 2010
                        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After