Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to hear it's all better

I'm a gamer and actually I think that I am more than my bf :P
    But still, I wouldn't play while we talk.
    Or if he tells me: 'Baby I need your attention can you stop playing for a bit?'
    He won't have to say it twice, because no matter how much I enjoy playing video games, I love my man more than anything in the world'.
    The game can wait
    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Haha, it's funny that someone should post something like this because I literally didn't hear from my SO because of a Magic the Gathering tournament (and an aft festival) I texted him multiple times and he didn't even tell me he was busy. It was pretty bad, unfortunately I don't know how to deal with it myself other than letting it be so I guess I could benefit with what people say in this thread.
      Just letting you know you're not alone!
      And every breath we drew was Hallelujah

Comment

You're definitely not on your own! Chris is addicted to his Xbox which needless to say has caused friction at times. I play video games a lot, and I'll admit I have a rather on and off addiction with video games in general, but I always make time so he can talk to me. I wish sometimes he'd do the same for me more often. Oh well, it's something we work on

And meganpillow, I shall definitely have to try taking my top off more often for him! I know exactly where his eyes would be plastered then and it wouldn't be on the TV screen lol.

Comment

Yup things are much better. He'll tell me he's gonna play for an hour and actually calls me back after now xD. It's great. It took like a three hour long talk with him to get it through his head though. I had been telling him for a while but he didn't seem to pay attention much. He took it to heart but then would forget...its kinda confusing, but now we're good.

Good to know I'm not alone! XD

Comment

My ex was the same way, needless to say, he's an ex for a reason. My current SO plays video games, but when I mention to him my past issues with video games he say, "What guy would choose a game over a girl?!" That makes me happy and plus he gets games that might enjoy like "Little Big Planet" & thats always fun to play together... : )
            sigpic
            Not to get clever
            but with you I see forever
            But whatever it is,
            Here's to you,
            I Love You Kid...

Comment

Originally posted by meganpillow View Post
              My SO loves video games too. I do one of two things...
              1. Play with him
              2. Take my top off. I don't know one guy that would rather stare at a computer/TV screen when there are boobs to be looked at instead.
              I dated a guy for a while that played a lot of a particular MMORPG, leading him to quit school, lose most of his friends, and lose at least three jobs in the span of 6 months. While in a LDR with him, we only saw each other on the weekends. He was also really controlling. I HAD to come visit him on the weekend, but he would play his game the whole time I was there. He would ignore me almost completely, even though we didn't get to see each other much. I even came to his room naked, suggested, and then sat naked. By myself. For hours.

So I know how you feel.

If he is as bad as my ex was, I suggest you leave. From you comment, I don't think he is. So I suggest you make it clear how you feel, again. Then tell him to cut out some of his game time so he can focus on you. Maybe you could compromise and say you can shorten the video chats somewhat if he can dedicate that time completely to you.

I really wish you luck in this. From my experience, I cannot stand the game my ex played and just hearing about it makes me shudder. I hope that he doesn't treat you the way I was treated. I know it can be terrible.

Best of luck.

(And if you want to talk, you can PM me or something)
              Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
              Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
              Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
              LD again: July 24, 2012
              Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
              Married: November 1, 2014
              Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

My SO and I both play the same MMORPG, but it hasn't been a problem. When we are together in person neither of us spends much time on it. Our biggest problem with divided attention tends to be reading. I get addicted to whatever I'm into at the moment (books, tv shows, video games, anything) and can spend hours of undivided attention on it a day (and night). Sometimes he has to remind me that there is other stuff we need to do (like eat!)

Comment

Working...
                X