Couples who started CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couples who started CD

Allrighty. I have seen a thread for couples who met online, but I haven't seen anything for those of us who started CD and then went LD for whatever reason. Sooooooo, here we go! I like the question/answer threads because it's so fun to read everyone's responses.

How & when did you meet?
    My SO and I met in September 2010. His younger brother actually introduced us. We didn't start actually talking until December.

How long have you been together?
    1 year, 3 1/2 months. Our anniversary is in January.

What made you go LD?
    My job, both times. This is our 2nd time at being LD.

Do you have any idea when you'll be able to close the distance?
    Unfortunately, no. Maybe September? It really depends on his job situation.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

How & when did you meet?
    We met in April 2009 at a salsa club in Costa Rica. He thought I was going to be easy because I was a foreigner and I wanted to practice my Spanish. We both got what we wanted

We don't have an official "start" date. We celebrate the day we met (April 30) and the day we moved in together (Feb 14, 2011). In between then was an open relationship. So we've known each other for almost 3 years and have been living together for 14 months-ish.

What made you go LD?
    I was studying abroad and went back to the USA.

We already have It was about 2 years of LD.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
      We met in June of 2011 when I was studying abroad in Paris. I had changed my city on OKCupid from New York to Paris on a whim, and he messaged me. Our first date was at L'as du Fallafel in the Marais, and the rest is history

Just under a year. (10 months)

What made you go LD?
      I came back to the States to finish my last year of university.

It's looking like late August, so, only 4 more months!

Comment

How & when did you meet?
        In November 2009 at a christmas party

Almost 2.5 years

What made you go LD?
        My visa ran out and had to go back home

We already have It was about a year LD and with 3 months together, then 5 months and now 9 months in the same place.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
          September 1, 2011 in the lunch line after my international student orientation.

8 months on May 1st. Has it already been that long?

What made you go LD?
          I had to return home after studying abroad to finish my last 1 1/2 years at university. SO unmotivated, but it'll be worth every bit of heartache simply to have a few moments with him.

Roughly after I graduate--we're temporarily closing it this summer, but then I have to return to university for my last year, but I'm planning on moving to Ireland asap after that. It all depends on finances.
          "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

How & when did you meet?
            November 2009, Halloween at a bar. We were both wingmanning for our friends and ended up talking to each other

2.5 years in May

What made you go LD?
            We graduated college and moved back to our respective hometowns

We don't have a solid plan. It all revolved around us getting jobs.
            "We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love " ~ Theodore Seuss Geisel.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
              We met around August/September of 2008. We attended the same University. He was the best friend of my best friend's boyfriend. I was currently with my former CHEATING (LoL) boyfriend at the time and we became fast just friends. I broke up with my ex at the beginning of October && started dating my Love at the end of November...(I didn't waste much time grieving..lol)

We've been together for 3 years &&& 4 months.....

What made you go LD?
              We were CD for maybe 2 Weeks &&& then it was time for Christmas break. After break was over, he had a hard time getting into school so he had to sit a semester out and go back home. That lasted until summer break was over & he returned the next semester. But the next semester he had a hard time getting into school so he thought it would be best to transfer to a school back home. Now I've graduated & stuck at home & he's at home trying to finish school.

No particular date at the moment. We are trying for early next year, but we arw both stuck at jobs that hardly pay & looking for better jobs...
              sigpic
              Not to get clever
              but with you I see forever
              But whatever it is,
              Here's to you,
              I Love You Kid...

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                My SO and I met through a mutual friend on Facebook. She was actually going to set us in real life anyway but never did so I took matters into my own hands. I commented on a status of our mutual friend's that he had already commented on. We commented back and forth, Facebook chatted, began texting, and finally met 3 weeks later. So we met on Facebook in February of 2010 but began officially dating after we met in person in March 2010.

2 years and 1 month, although we had a 7 week breakup during the summer between high school and college. So our anniversary officially is September 17th, 2011. But we pretty much consider ourselves together since March 17th, 2010. Make sense?

What made you go LD?
                I'm from New Jersey and I always wanted to go to college in Florida. So I did. Turns out I don't really like it but I'm just going to try to make the best of it :/

Do you have any idea when you'll be able to close the distance?We will close the distance in May of 2014 so two years from now after I graduate from undergrad (skipping a year yay!).

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                  We met at a new years party in 2009.

Almost 2 years!

What made you go LD?
                  My Irish visa ran out and I had to head home.

June 18th!!!!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                  Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                    we met for the first time in 2006 on our vacation, but had no contact... 2011 I went abroad for an ESL course. He picked me up to hang out with him and his friends.

2,5 months

What made you go LD?
                    Me going back home... to continue studying

not yet. i'm going to see him this summer.maybe we'll have a plan after that hope so

Comment

Aww, thanks lyonsgirl! This is nice

How & when did you meet?
                      My boyfriend and I met in September of 2004 during the first week or two of 6th grade. We met through my ex-boyfriend (not yet my boyfriend at the time... obviously, hahaha) during lunch when he introduced my SO to our group of friends and said, "he's sitting with us now!"

Almost a year

What made you go LD?
                      Our pursuit of VERY DIFFERENT educations... aka, college!

When I graduate! He'll probably take more time because he goes to a state school and is thinking about graduate school. It'll take about 3 more years to officially close it, but we get to see each other every summer/break because we get to go back to our hometown!
                      Last edited by frompanthertomustang; April 25, 2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                        We met in January 2010 when I moved to Mali to work for an NGO.

A little over 2 years.

What made you go LD?
                        I got accepted to teach in France so I left for 9 months.

We closed the distance over a year ago. I've actually been gone for the past month due to political instability/coup d'etat but I'll be going back in 2 days!

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                          October 2009 at a rock concert.

almost 2,5 years.

What made you go LD?
                          Like some of the others befre, I was an exchange student in his city and had to go home to finish uni.

We closed it after almost exactly two years. We don't know if it's permanent, though.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                            We met through mutual friends at a Halloween Party, 2009, when I was at UT on an exchange program

On April 30th, it will be 2.5 years exactly

What made you go LD?
                            I was an exchange student, so I had to go back home to complete my final year of my degree

The distance was closed February 29th 2012 through the K1 visa process

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

How & when did you meet?
                              We met in February 2011. I was studying abroad in Australia and was placed across the hall from him in my dorm. We met during an orientation activity and then ended up hanging out all the time since we lived so close to each other!

just over 1 year

What made you go LD?
                              since I was studying abroad, I had to leave to go home in July, after we'd been together for three months.

I'm hoping to go back to Australia in September and stay for a year, and then he graduates in November 2013 and he'll be moving to the States after that. so hopefully sometime in the winter of 2013 we'll be together for good.

Comment

Working...
                              X