Couples who started CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How & when did you meet?
    My SO and I met at our youth group back in the summer of 2009. I had actually been watching him for a while, as creepy as that sounds. Twin altar servers stand out at church lol! I knew OF him and his twin brother when I first started going to that church during my freshman year of high school. We didn't actually meet 'till the summer before our senior year, started seriously talking before our last semester as seniors, and started dating about a month and a half before I graduated.

How long have you been together?
    3 years next Wednesday. ))

What made you go LD?
    College. I transferred to his school during our sophomore year at college but he had to transfer due to his major and I'm still here, so we did LD for a year, CD for another year, and now LD again.

Do you have any idea when you'll be able to close the distance?
    Nope =(. I'm HOPING after I graduate next May. But if not, we'll be able to see each other more often after I graduate. Hard to explain. His degree is also a 5 year thing, not a 4 year thing. So he's gonna be in school for about a year longer than I will.

Comment

How & when did you meet?
      We met in college, when I was a senior and he was a junior. We lived in the same dorm and he was roommates with one of my good friends. He had a big crush on me, and we actually went on a couple dates near the end of the year, but the timing was bad: I was getting ready to graduate and move overseas, and not ready for a serious relationship, CD or LD. But we kept in touch after I left, as friends.

It'll be one month as of next week!

What made you go LD?
      We were actually LD when we started dating, living in different states. We'd spent the winter talking and chatting a lot online, and there was obviously a "spark" there. Then we had a chance to meet up for a couple days at the end of March. We decided to make things official during that visit.

We really haven't talked about it yet. We've only been together for a month, and we both have a lot of big life changes coming up this year - moving, starting grad school, new jobs...not sure how things will go yet.

Comment

Thanks for making this! It really helps me feel not alone in having experienced a TRANSITION from normal/close distance to a long distance relationship with an end in sight too! I was wondering just how many of the members were like me

In my "Introductions" post I mentioned all this info but it's still fun to participate anddd I can try again to make my signature timeline thingy work! Sooooooo...

How & when did you meet?
        My SO and I technically met in 2008 in English class, but we didn't ever talk until 2009 in our senior year of high school. We hit things off as we became friends while chatting in class and at school functions, he developed feelings for me so he left the relationship he had been in, and we've been together since then

We have been together 2 years, 6 months, 3 weeks and 1 day according to the Daisypath ticker I made today! Our 3 year anniversary is in October <3

What made you go LD?
        College. I got into all 6 schools I applied to and went to the one with the best aid package. He went to the only school he got into which happens to be 285 miles away... But at least we're in the same state and time zone and his number is still local for me to call!

Yes. In 2 years when we finish our bachelors degrees at our respective colleges.

Comment

Working...
        X