No announcement yet.

I Love Him/Her Today Because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love him today because we started talking about looking at apartments in a few months time once he knows where his job will take him. It's still nothing concrete, but just talking about an eventual plan to close this distance makes me SO happy <3

Comment

Finally found the perfect thread for my first post. Apologies before, but it's so fitting.

I'm a newbie, so this has been, erm, d i f f i c u l t. To say the least. I've found that *Surprise!* even though I'm the one in this fantastic new city and he's the one waiting for me, that IIIII'm the one who feels totally clingtastic. He of course, is loving it. I'm working on not leaning on him so much, and it's definitely a work in progress in which I feel complete support from him, but that knowledge just doesn't help my tears when I come home late and he's already fallen asleep or my rings don't wake him and I have to go to school (etc, etc). It's been really hard, feeling so vulnerable about such trivial things like Skype calls and texting, but alas, he's been absolutely amazing and wonderful and loving the entire time. We haven't yet gone a day without talking -and I hold that very close to my heart.

I GO ON: Last night, I got drunk for the first time since I'd been here and stumbled home to talk to him, and apparently we had a great conversation but I wouldn't know because I blacked out halfway through! You can laugh here. Anyway, when I woke up, it was about 3 o'clock his time and he was (as was I, admittedly) too tired to Skype, so after agreeing that I would call him a bit earlier before he worked the next day, we texted for a minute until he drifted off. Cue my baby girl tears. Suddenly I snapped my laptop open again and started blowing him up, reminded that I had stuff to do that night, and so I wouldn't see him until AFTER he'd gotten off of work. He answered, and all was worked out, but instead of hanging up and going back to sleep, he kept his Skype screen on and lied back down. Both of our screens were dark because of the lack of light, and we were both going back to sleep. We lied there for 20 minutes, just sort of murmuring about our day and talking about the upcoming week. It felt so... normal. We felt like we were together again, both exhausted and in love, holding each other and still talking as we drifted. He told me how much he loved me and how much he wanted me near. I've never wanted next to him in that bed so badly. But the fact that we are able to have and cherish such a tender moment despite our distance just floors me.

I love him so much today because he turns my most painful moments into the most precious. Because he, though far more realistic than me, and will eventually say,"Babe, you need more than two hours of sleep," --he does wake up for me, and he does keep talking to me, and he is in it to win it. I know because of his every move. I can feel it in every moment. He gives me so much strength in his love. And I'm thankful every day.

Comment

Because he's my partner in crime

Comment

Because of the excitement in his voice when I told him earlier that I've booked to go and see him in Nottingham tomorrow.
          I have honestly never heard him so excited
          An extra day together!!!
          First met by chance in London 2nd June 2012
          Started LDR 24th July 2012
          James' 1st trip to visit Klaire September 29th-October 31st 2012
          James' 2nd trip to visit Klaire November 17th-November 19th 2012
          Klaires' first trip to visit James November 19th 2012-January 13th 2013

Comment

Because I got into an accident in late last night...and he got wind of it and stayed up all night to talk to me/soothe me but didn't know when I'd be home/if I'd come online...he like, waited for me, then we had a chat and he made me smile (even when I'm missing a tooth haha) and he told me I'd be beautiful with a full set of teeth or none haha, topical.

Comment

Because he's my source of artistic inspiration

Comment

Because our families get along so well.
                "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I love him today because when I left his house this morning for another 2 weeks apart, he gave me a snack and a bottle of water for the ride, even though he'd already fed me breakfast. His constant thoughtfulness is amazing and heartwarming.
                  My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                  It's just me and you
                  Put the pedal to the metal
                  Baby, turn the radio on
                  We can run to the far side of nowhere
                  We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

BC today after we had dinner with one of my friends we got into an umbrella fight in the rain...lol. Followed by him hoping one day he will no longer be my silliface boyfriend but my silliface husband. <3 him.
                    "You want for myself
                    You get me like no one else
                    I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                    Even in the darkest part of me
                    I am beautiful with you
                    Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                    You're here with me
                    Just show me this and I'll believe
                    I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment

He always proofreads my cover letters to perfection.

Comment

I love her today because the passed 11 days I spent with her were THE BEST. I have never felt so loved or wanted in my entire life. I got a taste of what living with her is going to be like and I cannot wait. It has given me a huge motivation to be strong and keep going!

Edit: Just wanted to add that last night she told me she wanted to learn French, which is my first language. Does it get any sweeter than that?
                        Last edited by Mims27; October 16, 2012, 06:22 AM.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                        Married April 18th, 2015!!
                        Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

As much as she can stress me out, I still love her a lot.

Comment

I love him today because... I had an awful day and he refused to go to sleep until he knew I was calmed down and feeling better.

Comment

Because he just booked his tickets here to meet my family in December!!!
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

I love him today because he is willing to go the extra mile to make this work. Things have been rough, and instead of giving up, he is still working at making this relationship last. I love him more than anything and I cannot wait to see him tomorrow!

Comment

Working...
                                X