Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The weekend came, and now it's over. Literally.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend came, and now it's over. Literally.

Some of you may remember me. I was that guy with the 12 year friendship LDR that we tried to make a go at. I arrived in SC Friday morning. My flight out is tonight. Last night she told me that she wasn't feeling the same way I was, after a great night and day. After drinks and kisses and quality time. After meeting her parents and talking about lunch with them today. Out of no where.

So I have a day left here. I don't fly out till 8pm and I've lost my love and my best friend. I just want to go home. I knew I shouldn't have done this again.

Seems like a popular theme here lately. I'm sorry that happened, but don't kick yourself. You couldn't have done anything differently. All the best to you.

Comment

Oh man, I'm sorry You did try your best though, if she wasn't feeling it that wasn't your fault! Best of luck for the future.

Comment

Yeah, thanks guys. Best of luck in your own personal leaps of faith.

Comment

I don't get why it's over after you spent a great time like you said..
          nevertheless I wish you the best too!

Comment

Aw gee =(. I'm sorry to hear that. Hope things get better soon.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. But don't beat yourself up, you did something most people aren't able to do for such a long time....U wish you the best of luck!
              sigpic
              Not to get clever
              but with you I see forever
              But whatever it is,
              Here's to you,
              I Love You Kid...

Comment

Wow, I'm sorry. Can only imagine how that feels.

It might not help much but at least now you don't have to spend your life wondering what you might've missed if you didn't go and find out. I'm so sorry the outcome wasn't what you wanted.

Hope you get back home safely. x

Comment

I'm sorry!! I hope you can heal soon...

“Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder under the covers”

Comment

so sorry to hear this. best wishes
                    The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

I got an earlier flight. I'm waiting on my connection now. It hurts a lot, especially because it was so out of the blue. Literally, the same day we were making plans with her and her parents. Smiling at dinner. Meeting her friends. And then, bam. Like a truck.

She wanted me to stay friend's. Maybe get in contact months down the road. I couldn't bear to see her grow old with someone else, so I simply told her "This is goodbye, Brit."

I walked off. She watched. Didn't try to stop me. I've deleted her number so I can't get weak and call her but sadly I've put her address and email committed to memory. It's going to be tough, but hopefully I can move on soon.

I know it's like the ultimate closure. Now I know, and such. But that's just so hard to swallow. I guess I put more stock in our history, and future, than she did.

Comment

Many hugs to you. I may not know what it's like to have such a history with someone, but I know how much it hurts when something comes out of the blue like that. I'm sorry to hear it happened. :/ If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM.
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                        Met online: February 2009
                        Feelings confessed: December 2010
                        Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                        Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                        First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                        Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                        Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                        Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                        to be continued...

Comment

My prayers go out to you. I can't imagine a break up when things seemed to be going so well. Chin up though because you did everything right. You took the time to go see her and nothing else could have been done better than that. Stay strong, you'll find someone for you.
                          "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Originally posted by Killtrend View Post
                            I got an earlier flight. I'm waiting on my connection now. It hurts a lot, especially because it was so out of the blue. Literally, the same day we were making plans with her and her parents. Smiling at dinner. Meeting her friends. And then, bam. Like a truck.

She wanted me to stay friend's. Maybe get in contact months down the road. I couldn't bear to see her grow old with someone else, so I simply told her "This is goodbye, Brit."

I walked off. She watched. Didn't try to stop me. I've deleted her number so I can't get weak and call her but sadly I've put her address and email committed to memory. It's going to be tough, but hopefully I can move on soon.

I know it's like the ultimate closure. Now I know, and such. But that's just so hard to swallow. I guess I put more stock in our history, and future, than she did.
                            I'm so sorry things didn't work out but I am glad you are thinking clearly and putting yourself first. I know a lot of guys would hold onto the hopes that maybe she would change her mind. you have enough self-worth to see that you deserve more. You deserve for someone to want to be with you and someone that should have been more mature to tell you BEFORE coming out that she felt things were changing. Sounds like she has been thinking about this for awhile and somehow convinced herself that maybe one more visit with you would change her wavering feelings.

Comment

Many hugs for you, and I hope you feel better. Try to keep your head up, and focus on yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X