Insecurity ><

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insecurity ><

I know there have been a few threads about this already...But in a nutshell my SO hasn't been texting me as much (really busy with work) and I don't get long goodnight texts anymore (been over a month since). He did just leave last Monday and our visit went great, and right after he left he booked another flight to see me in May for a week.

We always talk on Skype for hours and play games together, that hasn't changed at all. Over Skype he still says he loves me and all that good stuff. I think I am fretting over nothing...I haven't brought up the subject yet since I dont want to sound needy/clingy. He did tell me to tell him if anything he did bothered me...just seems silly to bring this up.

I would guess that he's not texting as often due to work. My hours have increased from a few to around 20 a week and this has limited my Skype time with my partner to being available a couple times per week. It has nothing to do with my partner or our relationship. It's simply that I'm way too busy to have the option of Skyping every day like I used to.

As far as goodnight texts, well, I would consider whether or not it really bothers you. There are things my partner and I used to do that we don't anymore. It doesn't mean our feelings have changed. It simply means we've become more secure in our feelings. We don't need x or y to feel secure in our relationship. That being said, there are certain gestures that are simply nice to have. For example, I would miss his "I love you"s even if I'm well aware he loves me. If it's an issue of insecurity, I would try to ride it out, accept that you're fretting over nothing (he would not have booked another visit if his lack of goodnight texts meant anything), and not make an issue of it. If it's a gesture that you actually really miss and would like to start again, I would bring it up to him.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

To me it seems like he must be busy with work or something, it happens a lot with my SO and I. Since he started school and has homeworks and helps his mother at the restaurant, he texts less and less but via chat and skype he's the same. If he's acting the same with you when you talk, I think you should not worry too much Texts are great to receive but I think the chatting, phoning or skyping is more important than that. Unless of course this is your main source of communication... which I guess makes sense for couples who are in very different time zones, but if you do chat/skype, I think it is all fine

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post

There are things my partner and I used to do that we don't anymore. It doesn't mean our feelings have changed. It simply means we've become more secure in our feelings. We don't need x or y to feel secure in our relationship. That being said, there are certain gestures that are simply nice to have. For example, I would miss his "I love you"s even if I'm well aware he loves me. If it's an issue of insecurity, I would try to ride it out, accept that you're fretting over nothing (he would not have booked another visit if his lack of goodnight texts meant anything), and not make an issue of it. If it's a gesture that you actually really miss and would like to start again, I would bring it up to him.
        Exactly! I couldn't have said it better, myself....
        sigpic
        Not to get clever
        but with you I see forever
        But whatever it is,
        Here's to you,
        I Love You Kid...

Comment

To me it doesnt hurt to casually mention "I know youre really busy, but I miss....."
          everything happens for a reason. We may never find out what that reason is/was, but there is a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by subeasley View Post
            To me it doesnt hurt to casually mention "I know youre really busy, but I miss....."
            Yup, it usually just takes a quick "Been a couple days, miss you baby <3" text from me to get my boyfriend texting again, cause he really does get busy with work and forgets to check his phone.
            ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
            ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Yea sounds to me he is just busy. Yea a text only takes a few minutes but I quite often get distracted if I am busy with work and end up forgetting to reply. I wouldn't worry, you said you had a great time together and there is plans for another visit. Chin up!

Comment

I really don't think you need to worry about it. As relationships progress, things evolve, and sometimes communication (in terms of volume) ebbs and flows. It's nothing to be worried about. On top of that, if he's really busy with work, something as simple as a long good night text can feel exhausting, even if his heart is completely in it. So don't worry about it. He might just need a bit more time to breathe to deflate from work at the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                X