Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO lives with Ex?!

Well not my SO, but...

I'm watching True Life: I Live With My Ex....
    & basically its about two ex couples who lived together even after they broken up, mainly for financial reasons.

In one scenario, the guy who lives with his Ex has a new girlfriend who, understandingly, has issues with them living together especially since he has made it known that he thinks his Ex stills has feelings for him.

So basically, my question to you guys and gals, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR SO WAS LIVING WITH HIS/HER EX?
    sigpic
    Not to get clever
    but with you I see forever
    But whatever it is,
    Here's to you,
    I Love You Kid...

Depends on the ex. :P

There's one who I'm irrationally insecure over, primarily because she was a big point in his life when we first met. We were both in the same bad situations with the same bad types of partners, and it took him longer to let go of her than it took me to let go of the person I was semi-involved with. My feelings were also progressively growing for him throughout the two years she was involved and the green-eyed monster started surfacing as a result. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure why I'm so insecure about her - maybe because for two years, I saw him go back and forth with her before he finally wised up? - but she's about the only ex I'd care about him living with. I want to say I'd deal with it, because I'm aware it's my issue, but I honestly am not sure if I could given the way my own insecurities have impaired my trust in him, with her, in the past. Another ex, however, and I'd be fine. Despite what my feelings about the one ex might imply, I actually have no insecurity at all around my partner with other women and even if it wouldn't be my ideal situation, I could likely accept it without issue.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

Aww hell no! I don't care if we had a clean break where it was mutual. That is just horrible. When my ex-husband and I were separated, he at first suggested that we live together as roommates. Are you crazy????? Seriously, that is a recipe for disaster all around. And now I have to watch that episode! I just watched "I can't Get Over My Ex" about a week ago and there was a situation where 2 guys that were best friends moved in together, only Guy B was now dating Guy A's ex-girlfriend. ick!

Comment

I've actually had to do this, and man does it suck some moneky balls!

If it was a long term ex that my SO was living with, I could probably deal with it in the short term.
        If is was an old bed buddy however, I'd be like "Call me in six months when you move out"
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

It would depend on many, many things. But if he had no choice but to do that because of money (I know you can get trapped in situations like that) AND it was a very clean break up where I did not feel threatened by the girl, then I guess I would tolerate it. I wouldn´t be happy about it, and he´d have huge restrictions, but I´d try my best to be understanding. It would be a LOT harder with distance though :/

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
          -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
          \

Comment

Honestly, I'm in this very situation and have been for two years now. I was living with him beforehand of course and we had a very clean break, more so consider each other siblings now more than anything. I have no attraction to him and he has none to me. We help each other out when we can, because that's what friends do. And it's not just me and him, I have two other guys living with me too. I personally am here for four reasons. I don't want to live with my mum, don't have the money to live on my own due to lack of job (trying hard), love the area I live in too much to move in the middle of no where with my mum and I enjoy being here with my friends for as long as I can before I head off. My SO knows I live with my ex and is cool with it because he understands my situation. He also knows it won't be a forever thing, not much more than 6-8 months I'm expecting.

I do think it depends on the ex's and everything and the situations, however it can work. Just not everyone is in the same situation I am in where we just reverted back to being good friends.

Comment

Generally speaking it probably depends on the ex and the situation, as others have said. Concerning my SO and his ex, considering the dynamics of the relationship they had I doubt I could come to terms with it

Comment

It would depend on which of his exes it was. If it was the one right before me, I would be so full of insecurities because from what he's told me she is the stereotypical pretty girl, whereas I'm not (mostly because I'm plus sized, which he likes but it is a big self-esteem issue for me).

His other two exes I knew personally when he dated them (we've known each other since middle school), and I would be okay with him living with either of them if the need occurred, but he's the type to suggest me moving in with him first.
                ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

No way in hell.
                  I could just not accept it really.
                  Since they have 'history' together.
                  ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

I would like to think I'd be cool with the idea, but I know I wouldn't. I don't mind my SO hanging out with girls, going to bars, etc. But living with an ex? Not okay.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                      I would like to think I'd be cool with the idea, but I know I wouldn't. I don't mind my SO hanging out with girls, going to bars, etc. But living with an ex? Not okay.
                      This. I'd also question why they were living together after breaking up.

Comment

Originally posted by FierceFoxie View Post
                        Aww hell no! I don't care if we had a clean break where it was mutual. That is just horrible. When my ex-husband and I were separated, he at first suggested that we live together as roommates. Are you crazy????? Seriously, that is a recipe for disaster all around. And now I have to watch that episode! I just watched "I can't Get Over My Ex" about a week ago and there was a situation where 2 guys that were best friends moved in together, only Guy B was now dating Guy A's ex-girlfriend. ick!
                        I love that episode! It's so weird. I love True Life. Now I have to watch this new one we're talking about!

My SO doesn't have any real exes so it doesn't really apply to me. But if he did, I don't think I'd be comfortable with him living with her.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
                        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
                        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
                        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
                        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

How anyone could be ok with that kind of a situation is beyond me. If they want to live together, why would they have broken up in the first place?

Comment

Thats how I feel...lol & plus at the end of the episode, him & hid girlfriend broke up & he starting dating his Ex again.....
                            sigpic
                            Not to get clever
                            But whatever it is,
                            Here's to you,
                            I Love You Kid...

Comment

There's always that ONE ex we seem to still worried about.... I think I would really worry about my SO's last ex bc She broke up with Him, & at the time it left him kinda shattered....
                              sigpic
                              Not to get clever
                              But whatever it is,
                              Here's to you,
                              I Love You Kid...

Comment

Working...
                              X