No announcement yet.

How to deal with the pain of a LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for al the replies. I will try to tough it out. It's hard though. I already found a job today. I don't start until Wednesday, and that, itself, feels like an eternity away. I have few friends and they don't come back until June/ And can't even picture it ever being June again. It's only day 3. I have gotten a tiny bit better. But it's still hard.

Comment

for me the first 2-3 days are THE HARDEST. After the first week it already feels like we've been apart for so much longer.. In a week i go through so many emotions that it feels like a month.

it's good to hear you've got a summer job now, that will really help. Getting back into working and seeing friends/family is what I do at the end of a visit with him, it's always hard though and it seems to get harder each time.
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I was in the same situation a while ago. We had been seeing each other every day and lived about 100 meters apart from each othen before she left.

Its harder at first but it gets easier as time goes on. You learn to adapt. As long as you know you love him and he loves you and you'll be together someday, thats all that matters.

Comment

Working...
        X