Just having an off day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just having an off day

[rant] My SO is away for the weekend, and isn't able to call me as much as he normally can. So I decided to make plans with friends, but those didn't work out, so I worked all day and I was looking forward to going out and doing something, since I don't normally go out because of work and school. My SO is at a game competition and hanging out with some friends, and I wanted to see mine too. So, I was a little disappointed and then I started missing my SO and I think I'm just having an emotional day, I need something to do to keep my mind off of it, but I don't know what. Any ideas? [\rant]

Oh boy, I feel you on this one! What I tend to do is exercise, if I haven't already, and if I have, then I'll settle down with some munchies and watch a favourite TV show or movie. If I have a book or the library is open and I'm able to get there, sometimes I'll settle down with a good book and take a bubble bath with some ice water. If I really can't shake the mood, I'll write to let out what I'm feeling and then turn to actually doing something. Sometimes art helps, if I'm feeling particularly moody, as well.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I know how you feel! My SO goes to Football (soccer) game most weekends. If he goes into London he is gone the entire day and I'm asleep by the time he is home, it sucks big time! Knowing hes out having a good time watching his favorite sport if I'm just sitting at home is pretty lame. I've learnt to enjoy the time though and if I don't have plans with friends/family I will pretty much do what Eclaire posted.

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
      Oh boy, I feel you on this one! What I tend to do is exercise, if I haven't already, and if I have, then I'll settle down with some munchies and watch a favourite TV show or movie.
      I Love the tv show Gossip Girl and really enjoy every week sitting down and watching it when my SO isn't online to talk. If i try to watch it when hes around he just interrupts! lol
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

I know exactly how you feel. My SO is staying on a Thai island and will be there til the 10th - he's been jungle trekking, partying and tomorrow will be going snorkeling and kayaking. Makes me feel a bit lame when all I'm doing is lying around, putting off an essay But I try to keep busy, I've been watching loads of films and I've been out to dinner with some friends. Keeping busying with as many different activities as possible really helps, as then I'm too tired to miss talking to him

Comment

Working...
        X