I am crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am crazy

Grrr sometimes I can't stand my self . My SO confessed his feelings for me last year and then we officially started dating an in those early times whenever he called or when we spoke face to face he would tell me he loved me and I would freak out. I mean I would just literally freeze and hurry him off the phone. Now that we have been together for a while my feelings for him has grown but recently when we speak to each other he doesn't say it anymore. I mean I know he does love me and he cares for me but he doesn't say it. You guys think he's just scared and I should just tell him how much I love him so he knows I won't freak out anymore?

He's probably just not saying it because he doesn't want to make you panic! I can get that, I had someone tell me they loved me when I didn't reciprocate, but in my case unfortunately I didn't develop to that point!

I'm of the opinion that if you love someone, you should say it. I've hesitated before and regretted it. So if you're sure you love him, go for it. At least you don't have to worry about him saying it back, hehe

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

"I love you" is an incredibly vulnerable thing to say, and one can be conditioned into not saying it, especially if they're being hurried off the phone every time! It took me ages before I could tell my SO I loved him over Skype, especially with cams, and there were times that even if he said he would be patient with me and wait forever if he needed to, I could see the disappointment on his face, which made my anxiety about it even worse. :P That said, my opinion would be if you want to tell him, tell him. Let him know you're not afraid of it/your feelings anymore. You could either directly say that or simply surprise him by saying "I love you" at some point. My guess would be he doesn't say it any longer because he may have taken your lack of saying it as a rejection, either that or he wants to wait until you're completely comfortable with it before you start saying it to each other.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Thank you and you're probably right. I really just couldn't respond then and he probably knew that. I was thinking of waiting until he gets home to tell him just to really make sure.

Comment

I hard a hard time personally 'hearing it' from my SO at the start.
          And it took time for myself to actually be able to say it back.

As Eclaire said, just let him know.
          Tell him exactly what you told us!
          That at 1st you weren't sure or ready for it but now you are.

cheers
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
          X