Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over a year later we're finally going to meet! (He booked his tickets)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over a year later we're finally going to meet! (He booked his tickets)

I've wanted to say that a really long time lol. I am SO excited!!!

We met online in march 2011. 1,108 miles apart. We're finally meeting!
    After dealing with all the problems of family and money he will be here for 8 days in September for my birthday. I wish he could stay longer but I am more than happy to take what I can get!

It is now 105 days away and i'm still freaking out from being so excited. I'm doing a bit of planning already XD
    Honesty I was scared this was never going to happen. There were times where I didn't have hope. My mom seemed to hate him, his mom seemed to hate me. It suddenly just changed. Last month I broke down and just couldn't help but cry. I was such a downer. I sat on the phone with him crying and telling him that we were probably not going to meet. I told him I didn't want to break up but I was so scared we wouldn't get to be together. I was stressed, hopeless and whiny lol. But luckily he was amazing and convinced me it would get better and we would meet. So I cheered up and tried to have hope. Things did get better
    On the 23rd I randomly checked a few websites for ticket prices and saw they were REALLY cheap! it ended up being $172 total for a round trip and insurance where it was going to be about $500. So I texted him freaking out. We bought the tickets that night and I haven't stopped smiling since

So besides the fact that I just want to talk about how I am more excited than I ever have been. Like OhMyGosh excited!!! haha.
    I do want to tell anyone who met online and hasn't met their SO in person yet don't lose hope. It's taking us well over a year to meet and honestly I know he's worth the wait. Sometimes it really is about timing and now I know that. Even if it takes weeks, months, years if you truly care about the person and you both will try to make it work it will happen! Stay strong<3

and also, I wanted to let anyone who didn't know that frontierairlines.com is having a memorial holiday sale. You can get more info here https://www.frontierairlines.com/Hom...l-holiday-sale
    I hope anyone else who is booking a flight can do it very cheaply! If they aren't cheap today keep checking. I believe they have sales until the 28th. I check it's website and southwest nearly everyday lol.

Ahhh so excited and happy

awwww you re all smiles i m really happy for you. congratulations on being strong and all the best
    hope you have lots and lots of fun good luck

Comment

I'm really happy for you too. The countdown when I finally booked my tickets to go see my SO were the most exciting/nervous moments I've ever experienced. Worth it? Hell yes!

Comment

Happy you are happy : )
        Enjoy your time with your SO~!
        ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Aww that is awesome! The countdown is a really great way to look forward the day he comes to meet you. I hope you two have fun when he comes over for your birthday.

Comment

Eee, yay! Enjoy your time!
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Congratulations!!!

It's an awesome feeling when you finally get to see/meet/hold them, i met my SO online too and met for the first time last September (just after my birthday).
              Enjoy the time you have, dont be nervous and take LOTS of pictures!!
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Thats so great! I'm almost in the exact same position. I met him online almost exactly a year ago and he will be visiting for 8 days next month for the first time! I never thought this would happen and went through a lot of difficult times wondering if it was all worth it not knowing if we would ever get to meet. But its finally happening! Congrats to you and I hope it turns out wonderfully!
                Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thank you all for being so sweet I'm so happy!
                    I'm loving doing the count down! I'm kind of stoked for it to be under 100 days lol.
                    I am nervous and I know I will only get more and more nervous the closer it gets but i'm so excited. I'll take tons of pictures and post some!

Comment

Working...
                    X