Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice and alittle support would be helpful!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice and alittle support would be helpful!!

I recently went and spent 7 days with my SO. 4 out of the days I was there he had to work (which I knew about before I went out there) and the other 3 days we spent together just hanging out and doing fun stuff. I enjoyed the time there but while I was there he seemed kind of distant on the days that he had to work and i felt like he didnt really want me there; but then the days he didnt have to work- things were great and we had a great time together. Now that I have been back home for over a week, he seems to be distant again. He has been only calling me every other day or every couple of days. I really want to talk to him about this, but I am afraid I am going to sound needy and I don't want him to think that I am needy and need him to talk to me everyday. I just dont know how to bring this up without sounding needy or if I should just take it all one day at a time and not stress out when he doesnt call or text me. I text him every morning, not matter what and he never responds- which he never did when I started that and I am okay with that. I also want to start talking to him more about closing the distance, because I am ready for that but again dont want to sound needy!

I JUST NEED SOME ADVICE

Would there be anything wrong with saying, "I don't want to come off as needy (you could even lighten things up with "and I may be imagining things here, heh"), but I feel like you've been distant lately and I was wondering if everything's okay?" and go from there? That way, you're not opening with a demand or a complaint, but rather with a check-in.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

That is a pretty good idea, never even thought about it that way.

Comment

I think communication is one of the most important things in an LDR. You're just going to get more and more anxious and worried if you don't clear things up with him, so I think you should just ask him what's going on.

Comment

The other girls are right, but you may also want to establish some routine with when you talk. You might want to let him know that you feel you need to talk to him every day, even if it's just for a few minutes. (or however often you find necessary) Maybe you can find a time that you are both free every day and you can talk. Just be sure you tell him if you feel you need more contact.
          Met online: Nov 2010 - Met in person: Nov 20, 2010
          Closed the distance: April 27, 2011
          Accepted to PhD program 200 miles away: March 2012
          LD again: July 24, 2012
          Left School and Closed the Distance for good: March 8, 2013
          Married: November 1, 2014
          Started job 200 miles away: February 23, 2015

Comment

We used to talk everyday when he got off work; he would call as soon as he got in his car. But just recently he stopped doing that...so that is why I am alittle on edge about the whole thing. But I am def going to talk to him about it tomorrow bc I am starting to lose sleep over this.

Comment

Working...
            X