No announcement yet.

How long did it take you to meet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we're meeting for the first time next week! and it will have been 3 days less than a year since we met online
    Whatever is meant to be will always find its way.

Comment

We met online in march 2011 and we won't be meeting in person until september 8th. So a year and 7 months? haha I suck at math!
      But he recently booked the ticekts and I was was scared it would take us many years. If it helps, the jobs he had i'm pretty sure he won't have anymore and I don't have a job. But it somehow worked out. It can work out for the both of you Apply everywhere possible. Try babysitting. Also, try google adsense they disabled my account but I know it works for a lot of people! You just get paid to have ads on your pages like tumblr or random sites and if people click them you get money for every click.
      If you and your SO can get about $200 saved up you should be able to take the bus and thats for a round trip or we got plane tickets for about $170 for a round trip. So once you get some saved up check all the time!

Comment

My SO and I were CD friends for two years and then friends LD for another year before "talking." We wouldn't make our relationship official until we met in person though, cus I wanted to see our chemistry first. I was scared it would be awkward after so long of being friends, but it was perfect! So I guess we waited about 4 months since we started "dating" to met again and become official.

Comment

48 years

Comment

It took my SO and I almost a year after initially meeting online to meet in person.

Comment

Originally posted by Captivated View Post
              We didn't wait long - only because I told him up front that I didn't want to wait because the last "relationship" I had went 8 months and the guy clearly got tired of waiting to meet up and he wanted me to go visit him (and spend money I didn't have at the time) so I ended it (our relationship was fading anyway so that's not a great example). Anyway, my current guy - and now fiance - came to visit me after 5 months of first meeting online. I really wanted to see if the chemistry would be carried over in person, otherwise, I didn't want to waste my time. And clearly I'm not a patient person.

However, with all that said, I know a couple who haven't seen each other yet and they've been together 10 YEARS! Don't know how they do it but it's clearly a sign that if you're patient, hopeful and in love, anything can happen.
              wow- 10 years is a long time!

Comment

We had to wait 11 months to meet for the first time. Don't think I can ever go that along again now that we've met haha

Comment

It was just shy of 13 months before we met. The longest wait I've ever had but most definitely worth it.

Comment

We met online in August 2010, and didn't meet 'til Dec. 27, 2011. By that point, we had been unofficially together since around April 2011. So we waited quite a while to meet, and our visits are anywhere from 3 months apart to half a year apart.

Comment

It took us about 1 month. We wanted to see each other ASAP

Comment

Knew my SO for about a year before we started dating, after we started dating it only took a month to meet

Comment

Four years, ten months and counting...

Will be around five years when we meet (our anniversary) if our plan holds.

Comment

I haven't been back in a month and that feels like too long. But seeing all these replies, I guess I'm not too bad.

Comment

it took us 3 years and a bit over 4 months. This January. Now just next January and then things'll get easier and less spaced apart...
                              My blog: A revisit of my most successful LDR. Posting the story of us in chapters.

Comment

We started dating a month after we met, and he visited me five months later for the first time

Comment

Working...
                                X