Discouraged :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discouraged :(

Just got off the phone with my boyfriend... not the best conversation, definitely not the conversation I was expecting to have. He was talking about how he's been really unhappy lately, how everything has been making him mad and he wasn't sure what was going on. We talked about it, about his job, which has been stressing him out to no end, etc. Then he said something about how he knew what the reasons were, he just had to turn them into positives. After some silence, I eventually took the bait and asked if it had something to do with us and our relationship. He admitted that it did. The distance is starting to take its toll, he's been super lonely and depressed without me there, that he isn't happy with our relationship right now, and is still having problems getting over something that happened with us back in January, something I did that left him feeling very betrayed. We had a plan to close the distance and a company in my state contacted me about a potential job. I hadn't been looking, but I met with them, and they offered me the position. It would have had a better raise, shorter commute, and I was so frustrated with my job, I took it without discussing it with him because I thought the raise would help me save money/pay down bills so I could get down to him faster. Needless to say, he was pissed and hurt that I didn't discuss it with him, and I completely understand why, and it's something he's still having a hard time moving past. I feel absolutely horrible about it, but I can't change it and beating myself up for it isn't going to help. I've apologized and am trying to move forward. There's a new plan to close the distance, and a back up plan just in case I don't have a job by the end of August, but until it happens, it's just words to him. He's worried that I won't move down to him, even though all my life has been about for the past two weeks is going through stuff and applying for jobs to prepare, and I've kept him in the loop on things. I was honestly so scared that our relationship would be over after tonight because the conversation seemed to steer that way a couple of times, but he said that he loves me and cares about me deeply and wants to be with me, wants us to be together. I want to be with him too, more than anything. We've agreed to be more open with each other instead of this happening again, where something builds and builds, and I told him I thought something was wrong but wasn't sure how to bring it up. He said he wasn't sure either, because he didn't want to say he was unhappy and have me thinking it would be followed by something "we both don't want to hear". I guess we're just in a rocky patch and I'm hoping we can eventually get through it. Tonight hurt, but hopefully it was a good start? I just wish I knew how to help him move past my mistake.

Well you guys still love each other, thats what counts. I think its good that you're going to be more open with each other. Like they say you learn from your mistakes.
    I'm sure this whole experience will probably make you guys stronger.

As far as closing the distance it takes time. Patience is key. If one plan doesn't work out theres probably another plan that could be just as good.

Comment

I think the conversation you had with him was for the best. I understand that you are doing everythng you can to make things work and be there for him but i sense a lack of communication with you two, and its a good start that you guys discussed it that way make sure you tell him everything thats going on and keep him updated, as that is the most important thing, cause if not resentment can build, and he would hold things against you telling that you didnt tell him etc. i completely see the effort you put in, with that effort make sure you keep communication open 100%
      good luck

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys. We definitely need to be more open with each other, that much is apparent, and hopefully this is a step in the right direction for us. I hope that it really does make us stronger in the long run. I guess I'm just a little worried that he won't be able to move past it, that he'll just decide to give up on us... he was not an LDR fan in the beginning since previous LDRs ended very badly and I'm scared that he'll just walk away. But we've been through a lot and he hasn't yet, he didn't on friday, so I need to not think about that. Just focus on rebuilding and closing the distance.

Comment

I know it's rough but hang in there!

Both me and my bf right now are getting a tad angry at everything for no apparent reason.
          Thing is we miss each other and both are angry because we cannot close the distance as fast as we would like.
          I think it's similar for you guys, you love each other but sometimes the LDR feels heavy.
          I think it's normal to feel like this at times.

It's hard and surely more bumps may show in the road.
          But hang in there, be there for each other and aim high.
          You can get through this fine

cheers
          ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Thanks softy! Right now, it definitely feels heavy... I'm trying to do my best to focus on the positives of our relationships, but right now, he's so stressed out with work and everything, I don't think it's helping his state of mind. I know he's wary of the plan that's in motion and thinks it won't happen because the last one was blown away (thanks to me) and that's frustrating too. But we just need to hang in there and be there for each other until we can really be together. Hopefully we can!

Comment

Working...
            X