Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sharing costs

hi there

I know there were threads about this topic but well now I don't know what to do.
    I am not working but still managed to saved my money for this summer,cause it was planned that my SO is coming here. Unfortunately, he can't so I have to come. he offered me to help me with the costs and I said yes. But now my parents gave me some money and my grandparents will too... so I have enough. my SO is working hard for his money and he bought a new car and is planning to buy a house (but that's not sure). Now I don't know if I still should let him give me money (cause it was planned that he's coming) or should I refuse it cause I have enough now?? I mean I will stay at his place for 7 weeks and won't be paying for food or anything.hmmm don't know

This is something you two should talk about. Tell him you have enough money now to pay. He might still be willing to give you a little extra, or he might think it's best you pay for all of it. I always think trips should be split 50/50.

Comment

I agree with lucybelle. Tell him that you appreciated his offer very much so, but that now that you have enough, you'd be able to cover it if it were necessary. Ask him what he wants to do and simply be real, open, and honest with him about it. I agree that trips should be split 50/50 as much as possible, based on each partner's financial situation.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

I think i would feel bad if i take his money,although I have enough now- plus his family won't let me pay for food and I can stay at their house for 7 weeks.. and I'm sure my SO will pay when we go out and maybe plan a weekend trip. hmmm I think I should not take his money..

Comment

i agree with Lucybelle, this is something you should talk about openly, even if you wait till you're there

as for the paying for food, a trick i've learned is going out and buying myself everything to cook a special meal and prepare that meal, at least once a week. this way you'll contribute and have the excuse of "it's my surprise lunch/dinner/picnic"

have a great visit!
          Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
          And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
          ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

I just wrote him.. and he said that he still wants to contribute money cause he would feel bad if not. he said if I'm not taking the money,he will make sure that I don't pay for anything when I'm there and he will buy me whatever i want lol he is silly..

so thank you guys for your advice/opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ioanna View Post
              as for the paying for food, a trick i've learned is going out and buying myself everything to cook a special meal and prepare that meal, at least once a week. this way you'll contribute and have the excuse of "it's my surprise lunch/dinner/picnic"
              A fine trick, that. I love doing it. In fact I did the shopping this afternoon for a special meal at my in-laws' tomorrow
              I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

HahaI pay for my flight and bus ride to his place but my baby picks me up and cooks for me every day. I still try to contribute though just based on finances. But this is a super cute way to sneak it in. I can't deny it though, I like men who wanna take care of their ladies =)

Comment

Working...
                X